Cigars

Who’s into’em?

I have a humidor full of Cohiba’s and Monte Cristo’s from Cuba. A colleague of mine has dual citizenship and i ended up with like 5 years worth of cigars…

Wondering if you guys are into good cigars at all?

Can you even get good cubans in the US at all?

I only smoke when i’m out golfing or doing other shit like that… fewer than a half dozen smoked a year.

Probably bring a few to Watkins Glen with me this year.

commie

ORLY?

Sounds like you have some good stuff, I’ve had a few Montecristo’s and Punch’s from Cuba that were great. Getting real Cubans here in the states is still pretty tricky. I’ve been a fan of the CAO cigars lately, their MX2’s are really similar to the stronger Cuban-style.

The Romeo y Juliet’s I’ve had were fantastic. I’ve had some afuente’s as well but nothing else has really been as good as the Romeo’s.

Raises hand

Honestly its like I can’t even help myself when it comes to expensive hobbies I can’t afford or the finer things in life (alcohol, cigars etc).

I heard through some serious cigar smokers that cuban’s are actually garbage…

However, I am going on a cruise to the Bahama’s next week and want to try to bring some back regardless.

its not that they are garbage it is that they are illegal. they are the same as Dominicans not to mention most other non Cuban cigars are made with Cuban seeds and by Cuban refugees but thats a moot point.

i prefer padron cigars myself. they are not as expensive as cohiba but they have an extremely strict quality control and i never get a back box of them. they are Nicaraguan and are known for there maduro wrapper but i think there natural wrapper is better.

sorry i just dont know many other people that are into cigars lol

Yeah… Ive had some Romeo & Juliets and they really are like none other.

Im by no means a “connoisseur,” but I do enjoy my cigars.

i have a few cao’s in my one humidor

i usually stick to cao’s for a good smoke or if i want a everyday cigar i smoke alot of acids.

ive heard good things about the cao soprano cigars but i havent tried them. i was turned off by the cliche marketing

i have 4 of the soprano’s in my humidor

Most everything mentioned so far is pretty good (Acid, CAO, Padron, Romeo & Juliets etc).

cubans are actually illegal in the US?

thats too bad…

my buddy was chatting on-line with a chicky friend who works at the Habanos head office in Cuba today…

while in Cancun I tried a bunch of different cubans. I also had 3 were hand rolled in front of me. Most of the cubans I had there were horrible. The one that the girl rolled for me in the resort was the worst cigar I’ve ever had.

that’s what my post was referring to lol

i believe anything involving cuban made goods is banned here in the states

Cubans are NOT illegal in the US BUT, they have stopped importers. I am pretty sure you can bring a few(personall consumption) in with you but you can’t bring cases in. Not 100% sure about current rules but…

I have been listening to The General lately and recognize the names mentioned but I just haven’t gone to the store yet. We have a store right in EA called McBurney’s. I need to go there soon.

its an embargo

one cigar that i think is extremely underrated is partagas. particularly the Spanish Rosado. i luvs it

I vote for an NYSpeed cigar meet, anyone else in??

Black and Milds, yep.