Custom color-matched paint

to be honest, im not the greatest at blending stuff, so i have no input on this

Sounds good. I’m just planning this now, I won’t be painting for a little while, but I’ll definitely send you a PM when I’m ready. It’s sounding more like I might as well do the whole car…really not that much more work I guess.

if i never have to paint a car again it will be the happiest news of my life.

mine was four weeks of UGHH… it’s a lot of work :lol: you need a lot of patience if you want a nice result

Yeah, I did my '76 F100 when I was ~16 and the work sucks. We did neonglh’s Legacy Turbo recently in a weekend and it came out OK. I figure if I spend 2-3 times that prepping the FD, it should come out pretty mint.

Definitely NOT looking forward to it, but some things must be done. Can’t run around in a multi-color car. It was bad enough having that bent-to-shit hood last year.

Tri-color goodness.

the paint doesnt seem too bad at all from the doors back… i dont think fading is an issue. but i could be wrong

Nah, I don’t think this paint is faded, but the stock color is notorious for it.

I’m very tempted to buy a small amount of the optically matched paint to what’s on it now and see how close it is…because you’re right, the paint isn’t bad at all from the doors back.

i wouldnt match the faded paint. its kinda half assed and would look like poop imo. you would kick yourself in the arse

Agreed, but this paint shouldn’t be faded. Not sure if it is or not. Eh, I have a lot of deciding to do as far as work/time/money investments I want to make on this. Thanks for the help so far though.

is the stock paint base coat, clear coat or is it enamel

u could always try wetsanding if its that bad, ive only had to do it once out of my years of detailing… but your paint doesnt look that bad

I know the back-half of the car can be saved by a good detailer. It isn’t bad, just scuffed in a few places. Front half definitely needs paint due to it being different colors and such.

:word: