Who here can match Pearl White paint?

I need some body work done to my car. Car is pearl white which I know is a PITA to color match. I just need the person to paint so who knows of anyone who can match pearl white? Im also on a very tight budget. Any help is great

the only real way to match pearl white, or any pearl color, is to blend into the adjacent panels. IF your fixing an alredy pearl panel, and the fix is near an edge you can get away with belding into the next panel nearest that fix

hoods for the most part are something you dead break, blending into them is to much work, and blending off them gives very little return, especialy on the bumper where an extra coat of paint = extra layers to rock chip

bumper = fenders or decklid / 1/4’s

fender = door / bumper

door = fender / 1/4

But on topic, being on a tight budget with pearl paint isn’t exactly being in a good position. It also depends on the car.

That said, you don’t want an amateur to do the work. Try PMing AKA-FERRARI (Click HERE) and see what he can do for you. If this is for collision work, contact Bobowitz Autobody. They have matched my paint perfectly without blending.

Josh is right, I am EXCESSIVLY critical of paint and paint condition color and wuality, and the re-work on his car was done very well. And hotrod kid, you are definalty wrong on the matching of pearl, esp. any pearl. Sometimes it is actually easier to match pearl paints on darker colors because of the reflections of the metal minor imperfections are nullified. White however is Stupid hard to match due to the variances of titanium doixide in each can of paint. You can end up with a can from the same mfg. one looks cream like and the next is pure white.

Ya its just a fender I have a new fender that I bought and need it painted to match the rest of the car. Possibly a bumber and lip as well. Bumpers not bad but its not perfect. PMed AKA-Ferrari

man, your spos. to plug me for collision work too…:cry:

the reasoning for the difficulty in paint match is because even if u go right from the paint code the metallics and the pearls in the paint lay differntlly every time due to humidity in the air and ambiant air temp. it is almost impossible and $$$$
to have a set up to regulate both variances…

sry :frowning: