Custom gaming pc, almost as fast as Singh's!

Check out the Ebay auction here

Here is my custom built gaming machine. Reason for selling right off the bat is simply that I already spent my Tax Return on new hardware to build another pc. This machine runs VERY good. I mostly played Team Fortress 2, left 4 Dead… both cranked up to the max were smooth as butter. CPU never logged temps over 45 deg C, Video card never saw over 56 deg C.

3dMark06 score:

3dMark 15,648
SM2.0 7364
SM3.0 7710
CPU 3192

Here are the specs:

Case: Apevia X-Cruiser. Front panel lights didnt work out of the box, Temp, and fan sensors worked fine, but idisconnected them when I put in the Zalman fan controller. Changed the 80mm top exhaust fan out for a 120mm unit and added a grill. 120mm rear exhaust fan, two 80mm front intake fans, two 80mm stacked fans to cool memory. Case right now is running at 27 Deg celsius and room temp is 21 deg celsius!
Power supply: Apevia 480W green and clear case. Under full system load the Zalman unit peaked out at 412 watts. Two 80mm fans in PSU which have adjustable RPM on the unit.
All fans, including PSU were swapped out for matching blue LED units.
Zalman ZM-MFC2 fan controller. Controls all fans in the case except PSU. Shows digital rpm, and realtime WATTS measurements from the PSU. Also hase fan failure alarming.
Zalman 9700 LED CPU cooler. This is the best CPU cooler out. Like I mentioned above CPU never saw over 49 Deg Celsius under full load! This is also controlled by the fan controller on the front of the case.
Aluminum hard drive cooler, blue with two 40mm fans installed. HD never saw over 35 Deg C.
Motherboard: Asus P5N32-SLI. nVidia 680i chipset. One of the best boards outwhen I bought it. Runs both PCIE 2.0 slots at full 16x! Supports up to 1333mhz FSB, DDR2-800. If you know your chipsets and this motherboard in particular you know it is a great setup. you will also know that the chip set and stock heat pipes ran Hot!! I knew this right off the bat and removed the stock heat pipes and added copper chip set coolers to each chip. These coolers work AWESOME. I never ran the board with the stock heat pipes that overheated. Chip set now maxed out at 66deg where stock people say they reach 80-90deg celsius! I also added aluminum heat sinks to the voltage regulators as well.
CPU: Intel Core Duo E6850, 3.0GHZ, 1333Mhz FSB, 4MB cache. This is one very capable processor. Like I mention, I never over heated it or overclocked it.
Memory: 2 GB of Corsair Dominator DDR2-800mhz. The corsair dominator memory is some of the best gaming memory out. The zalman unit monitors the temps and these never saw over 27 Deg C.
DVD Burner drive is a LiteOn combo 20X DVD R/RW and CD R/RW
Video Card: EVGA GTX260 Superclocked Edition 896MB. Never overclocked and never saw more than 56 deg C.
Hard drive: Western digital 460GB, 7,200 RPM 3.0SATA. No bad blocks. Will be re-zeroed and waiting for your choice of OS.
Audio card: 7 ch Dynex pci
This machine is in great shape, and is my baby. Alot of time and effort was put into, I have a degree in computer science and know my computers, so this was well built and taken care of.

GLWS Sounds like it was built the right way!

If I knew what you were talking about, there would be a sensible comment here

GLWS

haha, i agree but same here Glws. sounds good lol

wtf no 3.5" diskette drive???

meh, Singh’s unit is slow. Mine even beats his :slight_smile:

glws, looks like a very well built unit !

You are all commenting on my “unit”. hehehehe.

and if you really want, I will throw in a free, yes, FREE 3.5" drive.

But wait… if you order now, we will give you 12, new unformated Memorex floppy disks. This is a 29.99 value, yours free with purchase.

price? pics? I’m a little interested since my home pc is 10 years old HAHAH!

GLWS.

I tried selling my monster online and it never happened so I just kept it.

you got a PM

I am looking for around $675 on ebay… But I would take $600 from alocal member.

pics are on the ebay page… They loaded them, and I dont think i can link to their pics…

PS, this computer is soooo good… you will be able to argue 3 times as fast with me! :slight_smile:

600!!!

Thats a fuckin’ steal.

no wai

OK fine then… now I want $12,030.32 + tax and handeling charges. hehe

I think when I added up all the stuff I put into it, I spent around $1,400 from new egg. I just spent around that again, and my wife will kill me if she finds out. so I am selling this, and will just tell her I got a new case! lol.

so you’ll put any OS on it the buyer wants?

OMGZ, the amount of pwnage will be epic!! :slight_smile:

I have a copy of XP Pro SP3 that “fell off the back of the internet truck”. I could throw it on real quick if they wanted.

whats on it now?

There’s an SP3?

wtf

I have XP Pro SP3 on it now. but you can have my dataz, so ill wipe the HD and install xp again fresh.

yeah SP3 is out. I downloaded the torrent a little while ago, it is like Vista in appearance but works like XP. I like it.

so getting vista installed isn’t an option?