FS: High end computer, 2nd 3dmark06 run (XP): 13,663

Yes, the other thread made me post this, but i have been tossing the idea around for a little while- and after checking my account balance today i need some extra cash

The only reason i want to get rid of it, is because i want to start over. I’ve gotten this one to where i really can’t see putting anything else in it.

The specs are:

Motherboard:               MSI 975x Platinum Powerup v2  (dual PCI-E)
Processor:                 Intel Core 2 Quad 6700
Ram:                       8GB Geil DDR2 800
Video Card:                1x ATI HD3870 512MB GDDR4 (Visiontek flavor, lifetime warranty)
Hard Drives:               2x Segate 320GB in Raid 0 w/ Vista Ultimate 64 Bit (legal, will give you license)
                           1x Segate 1TB 7200.11 (2nd gen perpendicular recording) for Data/Storage
CD Drives:                 2x LG DVD-RW 20x w/ SecurRom
Media Card Reader:         Dynex Media card reader (will link to it if requested, reads my 16GB SDHC Card)
PSU:                       700 Watt Rocketfish
Network:                   Besides onboard, Dlink Wireless N Extreme dwa-955
Case:                      Rocketfish/Lian Li server/full tower case. Comes with 3 120mm Lian Li fans (1 in front, 1 in back, 1 over pci slots for exhaust)
Cooling:                   ZeroTherm Nirvana 120, Lian Li 3 Fan controller w/ LCD temp, fan speed display, 1 Asus Spot Cool fan positioned over RAM

64 Bit- Do not worry about your apps not working, i have yet to find a 32 bit program that doesnt work with this OS, if you want me to try one first i will

I built this computer from the ground up, and is also what i do for a living :wink:

The computer is OC’ed to 3.8GHz and runs at load @ 34*c ambient internal temp. (will prove with speedfan logs) 100% stable. I clean it out on the first of every month (no life…). It will run Crysis w/ DX10 enabled, and everything on very high except for water detail at high @ 30fps. Plays Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and COD4 at max settings with no frame rate drop. I will also let the buyer ‘test drive’ the computer for a few days before fully deciding if they want it. (at my discretion)

The wireless card has never dropped the connection since late January (paired dlink xtreme n router - before you bash it, this combo made me completely abandon linksys)

I will post up pictures/benchmarks when i get home, but there are other members on this forum that can attest to the build quality of this computer.

Asking price: $1400, and can deliver to almost anywhere in WNY. Building the same computer on Newegg, your looking at spending over $1700 before shipping, assembly, and OS install.
I also have receipts for 99% of it (i dont think i have it for the mobo, but i’m looking)

Any other questions, PM or post, i’ll answer them as quick as possible.

Edit:
Warranty: I will not personally warranty the parts, but i will take care of the manufacturer warranty for you (if you dont feel like doing it/diagnosing it).
Motherboard and Processor do not have a warranty (technically since they are OC’ed)
RAM Is lifetime
HDD’s - 2x 320 have about 4 1/2 years left, the 1TB has a few weeks less than the 5 years
CD Drives, i believe are 1 year
Graphics card: Lifetime
PSU: 1 year ( although i think it expires in a few months)
Case fans - none, for a few bucks you can replace them

:wiggle: bump lol

thanks bandoh…

C’mon people, i need money :frowning:

Wow, nice computer

glws

this guy is a lvl 70 warlock virgin who works for the geek squad. probably knows more about computers than anyone i know. if he built it, it’s a solid computer.

bump for a good guy and a good seller. :tup:

only thing listed is that rocketfish PS, HardOCP just did some testing on these things, and they failed Miserably. Not sure but they had some pretty good specs when i looked at them at the store a few weeks back.

What seagate 320 do you have in here? I just got the 7200.11 and is flys, faster than my raptor actually.

BTW, i love that rocketfish tower, thanks for the heads up on that. Best purchase of my whole build :slight_smile:

wow now THIS is a sick computer… GLWS

30fps on crysis… impressive.

The case is one thing that i really dont want to get rid of, but it’s the only thing that fits everything ‘cleanly’. There’s so much f’ing room, the build quality is really high, and the cooling is phenomenal. Just sucks because you can’t find them anymore :frowning:

The psu, for what i have in it so far is handling everything fine. I read those same things when it was posted up on digg, and if i were to put in another gfx card, i would buy a new PSU (and honestly i still might buy a replacement if this doesnt sell). After i read the review, where they said it worked fine as a 500w psu, i figured out my total wattage demand, and with the OC i’m a little under 500watts ( Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision ). Another thing i was looking at was the Visiontek secondary internal modular PSU, but i havent looked into that a lot yet.

As for the 320gb hdd’s, they are 7200.10’s, but i get consistant copy speeds of 65MB/s when staying on the raid config, and when copying from the raid to the 7200.11 1TB drive, vista reports it’s copying at ~100MB/s (i know it’s not always that accurate, but with the time it took to copy the 26gb of southpark, it seemed legit).

The last time i ran 3dmark06 (when i was on 6gb of ram, and GFX Card at stock speeds) i scored over 13000 (looking for score right now). Wednesday i should be home to take pics/run 3dmark again.

This really is an awesome computer, that is just sitting in my room downloading torrents all day, with the occasional ‘gaming’ session (1/2 hour playing vegas 2). Add a tv tuner, and you have yourself one hell of a PVR, video editing, whatever computer. also, just an FYI, this graphics card does full HDMI output w/ HDCP and 5.1 channel Audio.

Bump

here’s pics of the actual computer, 3dmark06 results/screenshots coming soon

http://i29.tinypic.com/300y9on.jpg

^^^Copying movie from C to R (raid to 1tb drive) Literally was done by the time the box came up, hit the printscreen box just in time. I’m trying to find a video recording software to show the performance of the computer (trying to fix openal32.dll issue w/ 3dmark)

:tinfoilhat:

i like the Ps being on the bottom of this case, makes it easier to hide everything i think

:tup: nice rig

I’d fucking smash that thing with a hammer or a bat if I could.

but… glwts?

Congratulations, your the first on my ignore list, douche bag!

The PS on the bottom is really nice for making everything look ‘neat and organized’, as long as the PS has a long enough 4/8 pin ATX plug. On some of the BFG power supplies you need to get an extender, and that was only in the antec 900 case, this one is more isolated so, keep that in mind if looking for a bottom PS case. (but they are also getting more common)

Only thing i don’t like about it, is the the fan grill is resting on the support bar. But it hasn’t caused any problems/noise yet so i guess it doesn’t matter.

Going back home on Monday, so if it doesnt sell by then, i’ll put up the 3dmark06 and other benchmarks.

Come on people, at least make me a reasonable offer. I need to get my car fixed now :frowning: (i’ll do a trade/partial trade for autobody work)

my new PS had just enough cable with some slack, i lucked out.

that is one roomy case. damn. the inside of my antec 900 is packed.

What made you choose the ATI card for say an 8800?

ive had good luck with ati cards in the past, the price vs performance ratio, and at the time the 8800 was going for 250-300$, i got the 3870 when it launched for MSRP through bestbuy.com. Plus, i built this computer initially with the intention to run it as an HTPC w/ a 25’ hdmi cable to the basement, so the built in 5.1ch audio over hdmi was a nice feature, that i did use for a little while.

That, and i wanted an intel chipset that officially supported a multi gpu setup, and at the time, even the 975x to me was better/more stable than the nvidia chipset. I was going to hold out for the x38 chipset when i bought the board, but if i’m going to hold out, i want a concrete release date, not just “q3”.

I wanted to upgrade this motherboard to an x38/48 chipset and ddr3, but with the Penryn coming out this year w/ the integrated memory controller, i figured it would be better off waiting until then to upgrade.

Threw this up on craigslist…bump

ps: BuickGN, just 1 more heads up lol, the segate hdd’s you bought, did you take off the jumpers limiting them to sata1? i forgot to do that at first with the 2 320’s (the 1tb had it too but thats when i took all them off) and after i took them off, the copy speed almost doubled.

no jumpers on mine

but i always check just to be sure.