Custom gaming pc, almost as fast as Singh's!

winver says I have SP3 installed but my XP sure as shit still looks like SP2.

How do I make it look like vista?

Dont know wtf your talking about?

SP3 came out a while ago… and absoloutely does not change the appearance of XP

I think you need to get some legit shit son

He probably downloaded the ‘Black Edition’

There was some black theme that was released in europe for XP machines… Looked good I had it…

but all it does is change the color not the acctualy GUI to vista…

and maybe your refering to it being black history month?

i dunno

No, I’m referring to the pirated “Windows XP SP3 ‘Black Edition’ 2007”

It was never officially released, apparently.

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS279&=&q=windows+black+edition&btnG=Google+Search&aq=-1&oq=windows+black+editio

Ahh okay, i remember hearing something about that… whatever… i used to use a seriously stripped down verison of XP but it was legit…

and now I have vista ultimate 64 legit… god I love working in IT

Uhh…don’t get Black Edition…it comes pre-loaded with a bunch of BS and virus’s. Been there done that.

I used a XP SP2 Student Edition (one license and doesn’t ever expire) that I patch to latest SP’s and updates by using a utility called nLite. vLite is for Vista.

whatever my next pc will be, it will be running vista 64bit. If this thing comes with it then thats a huge plus for me.

Yeah if you don’t play games, Vista is nice (pending you have the specs to run it). However, if you’re a gamer (like me)…Vista is the biggest POS on the planet.

I’d use to agree with you…

not so much anymore, drivers have gotten a lot better and the FPS drop is minimal at best between XP and vista now…

I’ve been running Windows 7 beta 64bit for about a week now. It runs faster than vista 64bit on my machine and I have no problem playing games. With Vista 64bit I wasn’t able to even play Far Cry 2, but now with windows 7, I can play all the games, I just picked up FEAR 2 and it plays awesome!! It seems to be very stable as well. I only had a weird issue with my USB flash drive once, I plugged it in and then I would open my computer, only to see a empty window. I just restarted and it everything is fine.

One thing against Vista is really just the memory use, if you don’t have at least 4 gigs of RAM it makes it hard to play any new games.

Windows 7 on my machine has been using about 1.5gigs on idle which is about 500megs less than vista.

dude wtf… my vista machine runs tops 700mb idle?

not sure if I missed it in the desc, does this thing have a network card?

so did this thing sell? the auction ended on ebay?!?!?

I’m buyin it :stuck_out_tongue:

ya, what the hell happened? Auction says it ended, but it doesn’t say what it went for and now it’s listing a buy it now price… uhhhh?

You would think kkkustom would pretty active on a thread where people are asking questions about the item he is trying to sell. I probably would have picked this up if that was the case, oh well.

as stated above I’m buying it, lol

Yeah, i endeed the auction becasue I was going to sell it locally. When I ended it on ebay, it didnt let me put comments in. ohh well.

Yeah IROC is coming over to grab it, tuesday… as long as I dont keep pushing the day off… sorry IROC. :slight_smile:

lol, s’ok dude