FS: Custom Built Computer - Very Nice Rig

So…I’m doing a lot more video\graphics editing for my brothers UAlbany Men’s Basketball Blog (link) and I need something a little more beefier in terms of power to do HD video work. That being said, I have decided to sell my current system and build a new one.

This current computer is capable of playing any new game out there. To the serious gamers out there who actually care about frame rate, this probably isn’t top notch anymore, but to the normal gamer who just cares if the games skip or not…THIS. DOES. NOT. Call of Duty Black Ops and Mafia II (for example) ran on full settings without any slow downs noticeable to the eye.

I don’t have the exact specs right now (will update when I get home) but here is the gist of it:

• 2.83Ghz Core 2 Quad Q9500 Yorkfield CPU - Link
  • Gigabyte X38T-DQ6 (Socket 775) Motherboard - Similar to this link but with slightly less features (such as no RAID, etc.)
  • Zalman CNPS9500 CPU Cooler - Link
  • 4GB of OCZ DDR3 1600 Memory - Similar to this link
  • 1TB Western Digital WD1001FALS SATA 3.0Gbps Hard Drive - Link
  • NVidia GTX260 Video Card - 896MB - Similar to this link
  • M-Audio Revolution 5.1 Channel Sound Card - Link
  • 2 DVD-RW Drives (one is 18x Sony and one is 18x Samsung - one of them is not installed though since it’s IDE)
  • Brand new Antec 750w Modular Power Supply - Bought at Staples on 12/7/10 for $161
  • Intel Pro/1000 PT Network Interface Card - Similar to this link
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit will come pre-installed - Link
  • Office 2007 Enterprise will come pre-installed (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
  • Wireless Logitech Keyboard (mouse is old and worn, but I can include it if you want)

I did a cart on NewEgg.com for a computer with similar specs and in todays PC world, that is worth $1,200 (I paid $2200 for this PC some time ago).

So, that being said, I’m looking to get $900 for this system OBO. I am negotiable to an extent.

I would buy my new computer - set it up - transfer all of the data, then format this computer and sell it to you. Just so we are clear on that and how

the deal would work. Many of you know me and have bought stuff from me before. You know I am straight forward and not here to screw anyone out of money.

Pictures:

http://www.ilyakol.com/Other/For%20Sale/PC/_MG_8478.JPG

http://www.ilyakol.com/Other/For%20Sale/PC/_MG_8479.JPG

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

BUMP for PC BUDDIEEEZ.

Thats GTX260 car is solid. I ran them and one 260 would play crysis, TF2 and all the games I had minty fresh smooth.

side note, whats the specs on the wish list?

I want a fast desktop, but I have no bank.

you and me! But I do have stockings and ski masks! What are you up to this evening? :ninja

Thanks. :rofl

• Core i7 950
  • Zalman CNPS9700 (not going liquid)
  • 12GB DDR3 2200 memory
  • 120GB SSD (for OS and often accessed stuff)
  • 2TB SATA 6.0 (for data)
  • NVidia GTX 580 Fermi
  • 7.1 Channel Sound Card
  • 2 DVD-RW drives
  • 1200W Certified Gold PSU
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
  • Logitech Z-550 System

That’s the gist of it. A couple of small things. Gonna run me about $3k. I’m hoping to keep it around closer to $2k after selling my current system which is still VERY serviceable and should last another 2 years before needing to be upgraded again. I upgraded to the quad CPU last year and 2GB of memory a little after that. I initially built this system with a Core 2 E6850 (in my other FS thread) in 2008.

Take a loan :lol

:lol

Main post updated.

Damn, this is exactly what I need for the machine shop for the SW/CAD crap. I’ve got renders that take over an hour to load on my current system and when they finally do they’re still glitchy and full of rough polygons.

Unfortunately do not have that kind of money lying around this time of year :frowning: GLWS though

Well, keep an eye on this thread. It may take weeks to sell as this is overkill for most people (even though it is 2yrs old). This machine, when originally built, was the best you could buy. Your basic home PC is just catching up to these specs.

throw it up on ebay. it will go quick, especially this time of year.

EDIT: just noticed you need the money to build your new one so i guess that wont work

I don’t need the money to build my new one. I can build my new one right now, but I don’t want a PC sitting around in my room so I’d like to do the swap in the same time frame.

If it doesn’t sell within the next 2 weeks or so on CL and a couple of other forums, I probably will put it on EBay.

Bump.