cylinder head testing

I need to have a head checked for cracks. Anyone work at a machine shop ?? anyone have any ideas on how much it should cost to have the head checked??

1 last question, do i need to remove the valves in order to have the head checked out??

:search: machine shop

there is chemicals you can buy to check for surface cracks. this is the way most machine shops check for defects. but if you want to check for defects throughout the entire work piece you have to get it ultrasonic tested.

877-0997 …

tell him Derrick from rainbow told ya to call …

PS … boats are stupid … get another fast car please

northeast does it 150 a peice. i think the cylinder head shop on hindman is cheaper. i think thats the number derrick gave u

since thinking about this Ive decided to not shell out any money to have the head checked. Instead I think I will just put the cash towards the purchase of a new head.

When I removed the head the gasket looked perfect. This would be a good indication that the head failed correct??

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:4,topic:26459"”]

get another fast car please

[/quote]

he needs his 1st fast vehicle before he moves on to a 2nd

:lol:

Take it to Jim Cylinder Head shop on Hinman. He will be able to tell you whats wrong. Phone # is listed above.

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:7,topic:26459"”]

he needs his 1st fast vehicle before he moves on to a 2nd

:lol:

[/quote]

oh brother

[quote=“SVT3945,post:9,topic:26459"”]

oh brother

[/quote]

haha

roffle…

so nice that we can pick up right where we left off on the jerry car hate :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help guys, went over to see Jim and he said the head gasket looked like it failed. He said to throw on a new gasket and see what happens. Because the gasket is only $30 and it only takes an hour that’s what I’m going to do.

How can anyone afford a BMW with only $5 a week allowance??

[quote=“SVT3945,post:12,topic:26459"”]

How can anyone afford a BMW with only $5 a week allowance??

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

there 's the jerry i know

yeah you need another fast car trade that boat in at basil for another fast ford