Head shaved question 1998 Accord EX?

Ok so I took the head off my car and look at the head gasket, it looks fine like there was no damage to it. When I was under the car I noticed a little oil coming from where the head and the block meet. now the oil could be because I already took the head studs off or maybe because it is warped. The oil is dark almost looks like its burnt on the valve train. Every other time I have done a head gasket on a honda the gasket is always cracked or split or something, this was a different case. The head gasket did come apart in three seperate layers though, the rivits that hold it together were broke.

The owner of the car before i picked it up said it might need a thermostat, I looked inside the rad. and seen definite signs of a head gasket problem. The idiot didnt even realise that there was a huge fucking hole on the bottom of the rad.

I replaced the rad. and it was still eating coolant, so I know its the head now. Anyway I have the head off and was wondering if I have to disassemble it to have it shaved or not? Can I leave everything on it and take it to a machine shop and have them check it and fix it? Whats a good price to pay to have this done?

you CAN leave the head together, however i wouldnt. ur risking getting all the metal shavings in there. usually it runs about $75 for a shave/mill

Can anyone suggest a good place to go? Whats the turn around time?

are u disassembling/reassembling the head or are you going to have the machine shop do it?

I will just leave it assembled. Hope for the best.

if the shops open tomorrow ill check to see how fast it can be done. i wouldnt imagine that long if its just a mill

Take it right to hybrid!

Take out the cams, cam caps, cam gears all that shit. If your valves sit high up enough you wont need to take them out. I took my B16a2 head to Don and he hooked me up. Don plugged the head,took it to the machine shop and they decked and jetwashed for 55$ and it was done the day after i dropped it off there and was done perfect.What ever machine shop he takes it too does a very good job. Take it to Don and you wont be dissapointed.

I did a 97 accord it was badly warped, overheated real bad,

BRK machines did it for me I left the valves in just had to take a couple out it was like $40

Make sure you get new headbolts b/c your are prolly stretched, when i put the accord together the deck was warped and end up over torquing to stop the leak. 50k miles/3 years later still runs like a champ

yea i think BRK is where Don took mine

You dont have to take anything apart and I didnt or wouldnt.

So you have the head off and its going to a machine shop and you are not going to have a valve job done??? this sounds odd but then i’m not a honda guy

Vavles dont need to be done, simple as that.

why would he do it if he didnt need it , its a waste of money.JDMSIR take it to hybrid you wont be dissapointed and its done QUICK.