Dalai Lama at UB(tickets)

ah, class on south let out at 2:25, got up to north just in time

phooey. my friend waited to long to get her ticket. phooey. don’t know who i’m going withs now.

It’s the Lama. Just go.

He did a good interview with Barbara Walters on 20/20

That’s what I was thinking.

Anyone want to buy a pair of tickets. I can’t go, so I’m letting them go.

Make a peaceful offer :slight_smile:

ooooh joe I may know of somebody. :slight_smile: I’ll ask her to ask her friend. :slight_smile:

he’s coming to speak about education… at what level? i’m not sure.

i wish so fucking bad i could go…

just so everyone knows, the dalai lama is a title, there have been 20+ 'dalai lama’s

I will be there!

Sounds interesting for sure.

Hopefully about reading and numbers.

congratulations on positively contributing to yet another thread! :tup:

Actually there were 14 dalai lamas but only 13 of them actually “ruled.”

are you still selling them I will give you $20 for both

Actually I have an offer for $40 for the pair of tickets. They are general admission.

Just as an FYI, i made a parking map cause i was bored

Purple - closed lots
Red - closed entrances

Green - open entrances

REMEMBER - YOU MUST HAVE A UB STUDENT/FACULTY TAG or a PARKING PASS or you wont be let on the premesis. Looks like they’re gonna be pretty strict on it

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/arrowgin-map.JPG

ooooh tomorrow.

how exciting.

so if parking is so strict. does the lama have elite armed guards like 'da pope?

well if you include more state troopers then were out for bucky then yes

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one—big hitter, the Lama—long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

i find myself saying that last line all the time. theres just something about it that makes me smile, even on the worst days.