UB Parking Rant

i drove around for 30 inutes and put 16 miles on my truck trying to find a parking spot at UB today. My classes are pretty much scheduled at the same times as they were last year, and i remember last year parking was bad for like the first 2 or 3 days, then i NEVER had a problem finding a spot. well, we’re going on week 3 now, and this is rediculous!

IB4youShouldHaveBoughtASpecialParkingPass

yeah

its pretty insane

even at south campus its nuts this year. I had to park off campus, at Jims Steakout on Main, and walk to school…thats obtuse!!!

and we dont have a pay lot here :frowning: (thats worth using anyway)

going on my 5th year at ub i can offer you some suggestions:

use the park and ride
pay and park at a meter
pay and park in the visitor lot
go to school earlier
park in the governors and jarvis lots and walk
stop whining

people have been compaining about UB’s parking for more years than i know of, its never gotten much better if at all. complaining is just a waste of time.

you have a truck isn’t there a hill or a lawn or somehwere you can utalise(sp) 4X4 parking ? hell how about the stairs? maybe they’ll get the point

hahaha I did that last week. I parked on the grass, partially on a sidewalk thats never used. Didnt get a ticket :gotme:

Moped ftw

i’d rather ride a fat chick :slight_smile:

what about riding a horse to school? do they provide horse teathering for amish people? if not that discrimination

thats why I would spend the $140 a year to get a parking pass in the pay lot, It was worth it especially in the bad weather which was like 4 out of 5 days a week.

obviously it doesnt do any good in the winter, but a bicycle or motorcycle can go pretty much wherever they want

:lol: I miss the days when I would park in the police lot and get rides to my classes…ahh those were some good times!

It seems like less people are skipping class this semester its weird. Stadium parking ftw, and just plan for the extra 5 minutes in walking. Most people could use a little more exercise anyways

T.R.U.T.H
motorcycle parking allows me to come and go as i please… truly makes school more enjoyable… driving the malibu= the suck

actually this year has been a lot worse then past years. Governors C, D, & E are completely filled everyday. So is the lot but the stadium. So ya its a little retarded this year.

Service Tag FTW - its pretty cool to park pretty well anywhere on campus.

UB parking isn’t that bad.

I’ve experienced much worse (cough rochestertorontocornell)

So are you the person from the copy machine place that gets the pleasure of driving the Kia Rio Cinco? That is one fine ass vehicle.

jeeves, i see u quite often with a look of disgust on your face trying to find a spot at the same time as me lol.

On campus appartment ftw

WORD to that! I love jingling my keys walking back to hadley and get like 5 people chasing for my spot then i just keep walking lol