Dale Carnegie Sales training

Soooo I just got signed up for this class for the whole month of March. Anyone here ever taken it? I’m super excited because well…from what I hear, it will make me a lot of money.

For $1,800, I better make alot of money.

pyramid scheme!

I have no idea what that means lol please explain?

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

ahhhhhhhhhhh nm i got it. but how is this a “ponzi scheme” ?

who knows, $1800 is a lot of money for a sales class.

Obviously Dale is a great salesman, he can charge $1800 for a “how to deal with dumb people” seminar.

When I’m not paying for it, what do I care? My boss seems to think it is good enough to take and offered to send me there, so I’m not going to say no. I’m also going to the Freightliner factory on Tuesday for some training.

I went to one of the manufacturer’s factory a few months ago.

The atrium in my hotel:

Amish building the trailers

Where did that one come from?

If you’re not paying then duh, who cares lol. If you were paying I’d question that decision.

+1

i have been through it…won 2 pens and a couple of books…you’ll understand after a couple of weeks of it…

it will not make you more money. if you take on all of the ‘methods’ they teach you, you will simply become someone who can carry on an engaging conversation…unfortunately, if anyone you have these conversations with is also familiar with dale carnegie it will be embarrassingly obvious.

i’ve met people- colleagues, clients, other professionals of various sorts- who after some short conversation i’ve found the need to ask them if they have been through dale carnegie…unfortunately most enthusiastically admit to the fact- entirely missing the fact that it was so easy to tell that they had been through the program…and therefore obvious they were just pulling some stupid ‘make friends and control people’ method on me.

waste of money and effort in my opinion.

PS- i’ll sell you my DC books if you need to get copies

PSS- dale carnegie did write a book about lincoln which will probably be offered as a reward during the class- i’d recommend it, very good biography.