Primerica

Pyramid Scheme, MLM or whatever you want to call it… I Have a friend who got into this and while it reeks of scam he’s making money from it. Anyone have experience with them? From an employment standpoint. I’m trying to steer him in the right direction. Also, the internet is spotty on un biased opinions but most say he could make more money working other places doing the same thing (in a non pyramid way) but is this true?

these guys had a big booth at a university job fair i went to way back… i even went through interviews back in the day… walked out though, was way too weird.

You can make a lot off a MLM if you are in early. Hell, we used to run a bunch online back in high school that was pretty fun.

A co-worker conviced me to go to some primerica meetings a while back and it felt strangely similar to the movie “Boiler Room” lol. Basically they have you selling all kinds of stuff,insurance,loans,investments…etc and some of which you need a securities liscense to sell. You have to be motivated and be a people person, most of the people that call it a scam just arent cut out for it. They dont ask you for any large sums of money,its optional to buy support and a website though them for like $99.

It’s not a pyramid, it’s a triangle!

You just have to be really careful with any of these. A girl I know is big into a similar marketing system with that Monavie juice crap. It just screams scam and the head of the company has been busted multiple times for running pyramid schemes and other scams but so far so good. She actually pulls in more than her software engineer boyfriend most months while working far less hours so it is possible to make money on these things. Gotta get in early and get people under you.

I would not be friends with anybody who signed up for something like this. I just couldn’t not make fun of them all the time.

Anything that expects you to pester your family and friends to buy shit from you is such a turn off for me. If I had to hear about “residual income” from one more person I was going to pistol whip them.

My parents did this back in the early 90s, there is alot of money to be made and it is legit but be prepared for everyone to call it “Prime America” and to lose family and friends…