Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaves DEI

Yesterday Jr. announced he was leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc. to look for a new team to race for at the end of the 2007 season.

I don’t know who on this forum is a Nascar fan. Its fucked up that he is leaving, but maybe now he can actually start winning races again

OK to start with I don’t know shit about Nascar.

But isn’t “DEI”, Dale Earnhardt Inc…so he is leaving his own team?

Edit…It was his Stepmom’s team…and she didnt want to give him full rights to the team…so some lame ass family drama.

x3… that’s :weak:

its his fathers company that he started and he didnt even drive for DEI he drove for Childress Racing. He started the company then when he was tragically killed it became his wifes (Jr’s step mom) so Jr. and his sister are leaving DEI.

rcr is where he’s going

Dale Jr. + Childress Racing = winning combination, IMO. This is for his best interests and it’s a shame he can’t race for his father’s team, tho.

Martin Truex Jr. wants to go with Jr. and his pitt chief Tony Jr. may make the jump with him. bye bye DEI. Maybe if Martin and Tony come with him JR motorsports will become a full race team

X2

If he’s smart he will have learned something from his dad, you dont take money from your company to fund your own car. You let someone else pay for your ride, while you make money off of other drivers.

Personally I would love to see him with Childress, but if that falls through I would love to see hime driving for Joe Gibbs. He and Stewart together should make for an unstopable team.

she dont care about racing just cash. im suprised she dont try to sell dei to jr and walk away set for life… like she isnt already.

I’m glad he showed up today and finished in the top 10, 8th to be exact, but i guess now Martin is not coming with him, he might not even be able to take the number 8 or the Budweiser sponsorship since they are in contract with DEI and not necessarily with Jr. (from what i understand) He may possibly not even drive a Chevy. Many Many options and even if he doesn’t sign with anyone he does have the money and the people to make JR motorsports his team for a year or so (so what he says)

just hear say but a few months ago i remember hearing bud and wrangler would go elsewere if he did.

Just from a money making point. What would be bigger than an Earnhardt driving the #3 goodwrench again? That would be like the second coming of Christ.

I doubt it will be a #3 Goodwrench, but I would bet anythign that it will be a #3 Bud car, and chevy at that.

But on the subject, off the subject, did you all know that Terresa owns the rights to a majority of the drivers names? Including, but not limited to, Dale Sr., Dale jr., Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Martin Truex, Elliot Sadler, and many others. My understanding is she was the brains behind Chase Motorsports, and Action. She was the first to Inc. Dale Sr.'s name. And for doing so has made the Ernhardt family more millions than they can ever spend. So even after Jr. leaves, she will still be making money from his name…

they were talking about that on today that he might go to childress and drive the number 3, it was never retired so its possible