Data log files

Just DL’s that software and looked at your file. Not near enough info. LTFT’s need to be in % instead of counts. Be nice to have the log graphed on a table of MAP vs. RPM or even TPS vs RPM. It stays in open loop the entire file so many things can be contributed to the spark retard. Knock could be from an overrich idle or a misfire.

I need to get it out on the road and get some actual driving time. I can leave the knock retard alert open while driving. Probably should readjust the rockers when warm too.

Once the data is logged, the graph can be changed to show any of the parameters.

I’m just logging to see how the tune is right now.

Once I get some decent data I’ll post it up and maybe you can give me some more input.

Thanks!

Violater sounds like he knows his sh*t with tuning… At least I was on the right track… :slight_smile:

In addition to tunercats I use TunerPro (It’s free!)
http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/

If you end up still getting false knock from valvetrain noise (after adjusting rockers) I’ve heard of a lot of people having succuss with the LT4 knock module (GM part 16214681).

Did that when I did heads/cam/valvetrain.

Jeff.

Send a copy of that .bin to shawnlattieri@verizon.net

I believe Live will open it.

I’m trying to convert that log file over to get Flashscan to open it but no luck yet.

Sent

Actually took the car out of the garage! Ran it around the block, didn’t go into closed loop until I was almost back in the garage. Getting a lot of spark retard the whole time and knock (don’t know if it’s real or not). Maybe add a bottle of octane booster until I get things sorted out? It is fairly high compression compared to stock.

http://home.comcast.net/~jsaccani2/383_Log_9_24_06.uni

do u have a LT4 knock senser?

yes

Only had a second to take a quick glance at it… Can you hear any knock/ping?

When I was messing with my timing I had it running a little too advanced and it was causing a heavy pinging at WOT. It was audible yet my counts didn’t increase nearly as fast as your were going up…

I think I can hear something but it’s hard to tell. The knock sensor may be backing off timing quick enough that I can’t even hear it.

My plan is: find some high octane unleaded (I hope!) and see if there is knock detected. If knock count is gone, then it’s related to fuel, timing, compression.

If there is still knock then maybe it’s false knock.

I wonder if it isn’t piston slap that is being picked up. These are forged pistons and maybe there’s a little more clearance. With all the knock counts I’ve been afraid to run it long enough for everything to really warm up and the pistons to expand.

false knock is a bitch

Got a message that your email is temporarily disabled.