Dateline debt collectors in Buffalo

I dont believe the guy that called the lady and left a message asking if she had ever been raped and then laughed.

Yea, it doesnt take much to go out and buy debts or debt service contracts and start up a “business”… YOU could do it as easily as starting up any small business.

Ive seen alot of shows where they wind up out sourcing these jobs. Honestly the odds have to be good where they would contemplate doing that here to. If its truly like the mecca of the east for collecting.

And other then that maybe I should go buy debt for pennys on the dollar and then settle with the person for a 100 bucks over what they owe. If it is in fact that easy to make your own busniess.

i went to HS with him as well…fairly certain he owned a 2WD skyline while in japan

Holy shit, lol. Bags of Money is awesome. Now it all makes sense where he gets his cash. I’d love to see him verses Chris Hanson! haha!

The Vid:

I saw his “thugmotivation” van on broadway near bailey one day, that’s awesome.

every day he hustlin

we used to have the record for most bars in a square mile, times have changed.

I have no remorse for these people still though. If you can not afford something DONT BUY IT. These calls would not happen if you weren’t so careless with your money.

for a hundred bucks over what they owe… good luck!!!

they are in debt already.

my ex worked for Redline Collections years ago when she cheated on me with the fuck stick Mike that got her the job there haha. it was fitting. those fucking people are scum.

I remember going in for an interview at one of these places like 3 years ago. I was waiting in the “interview room” for about 15 minutes and listened to everyone on the phone, and walked out.

I guess it takes a certain personality to do that, I couldn’t

yeah, it’s called a liar.

that would explain why my ex had such an affinity :lol:

i worked at nco for 2 years and it really wasn’t that bad. Not all debt collection agencies are like this, although i worked in a federally controlled dept. so maybe that was the difference lol.

You took the words out of my mouth. I also worked there for a year and currently work at another agency. It all depends on where you work. Ive worked at 2 shitty places and 2 really nice places. Every agency isnt the same. Right now the place I work at we don’t “BUY THE DEBT” we are a third party that the banks hire. I don’t know how people say we are scum. I’m not the best collector and I have never broken one law. I follow the FDCPA. You ever wonder why your interest rate goes up on your cards? Because of people not paying their bills.

Same here, I knew the FDCPA and abided by it.
If your account is in collections, Legally, collectors are allowed to make 1 attempt every day to get ahold of you.
They are allowed to call your work/supervisor to attempt to get ahold of you.
They are allowed to call your neighbors,friends,relatives and parents in an attempt to get ahold of you.

Think it’s annoying? Pay your damn bills and you don’t have to worry!

Not all people in collections are there through fault of their own. I had a paypal chargeback scam that luckily I had already withdrawn the money from the account on but NCO still felt the need to call my parents house at 8am every day for close to a year despite facts that 1.) I didn’t live there any more 2.) We requested all further correspondence come via mail and 3.) We wanted to dispute the debt and never received verification. All over a $300 paypal debt that was invalid.

Same thing happened to my sister with paypal. She had an old card on her account that was reported stolen and when she bought something and it didnt clear, they called my parents house 3 times a night leaving messages and everything.

I understand that there are plenty of fraud accounts out there. But you need to know a couple things.

1. If you want documents in just writing you need to send the agency a written letter stating that. You can’t just tell them to send you something in the mail.
  2. You need proof that account was a fraud account and you need to let the company that the fraud account is through that something is wrong. They usually have their fraud departments.
  3. The burden of proof is your hands.

I believe some agencies probably would call that many times and you can sue them, but she would need the proper documents showing that the card was stolen, like a police report.

While I don’t advocate skipping out on your debt and agree that if you borrowed it you owe it…

We do realize that debt is make believe to credit companies as they are not backing the credit lines with equal collateral, right? How else can they afford to settle or sell debt for pennies on the dollar? This is also why they hand cards out like candy to kids on Halloween. They prey on students and other people not mature, controlled or smart enough to keep it within reason. I guess this now describes MANY Americans, given how foolish people were on the house lending etc… Kinda scary really.

It’s all a scam and a cycle of epic proportions. Consumer credit is an evil practice that is mean to promote “consumerism”. In reality, to me, “consumerism” means helping people to live beyond their means. So while 2 wrongs don’t make a right…what came first, chicken or egg?

The stupidity of lenders and lendees is staggering. It’s not hard to know if you can or can’t afford something. SIGH