Dateline debt collectors in Buffalo

Is anyone watching this special on a debt collecting agency in Buffalo? Any Nyspeed members caught on the hidden cam?:mamoru:

Cliff Notes:

Debt collecting company basically using strong arm tactics to collect money. Pretending to work for a police dept. and issuing warrants for people who owe money. Having people Western Union money to a “lawyer Andrew Bryski” in Buffalo.

Anyone work for Final Claims Assets Locator?? :banghead:

The company is owned by some black guy who lives in a run down house in Buffalo but drives a nice H2

pretending to work for the police? thats gotta be illegal

hahaha thug motivation. Does anyone know Andy Bryski? Seems like collections is just a dirty busniess to get involved in, how many people here actually do that shit?

I loved how they followed Mr. Bryski to the Jubilee across the street to pick up the Western Union Money.

Didn’t know Buffalo had so many debt collecting companies.

Fucking hate collection agencies, not that I have debt. I was in an accident and shit got messed up with my medical bills and mercy sent them to collections, it was a nightmare with the trying to “scare me”.

hahahahha, I was a debt collector for like 2 months.
I used an alias…so did everyone else.

There are certain things you cannot say, like you cannot threaten someone to repo their car…but you can say (by using google earth)

“So, Mr Tompson, imagine one morning you look out your window, and your shinny Tahoe is on the back of a tow truck?”
^ I never said I was going to repo his truck if he didn’t pay his juniper card, but the human imagination is such a great thing…

People who think debt collectors are scum, are actually scum themselves, if you can’t pay off your bills, DON’T TAKE THEM OUT!

I think they are scums, I pay all my bills on time and am debt free.

I think the tactics they use are shady and dirty. Its nice to see someone try to justify bendin the rules to meet their own needs. Sometimes people actually have legit issues in life and they dont make the situations any better (lady whos son had cancer) people that are unable to work because of an accident etc…, harassing people with things like that happening is scummy, dirty, shitty, and low. I think if you “strongarm” someone who can prove somethings legit like that you should be the one whos punished.

man, and we blame the customer…while we are in the biggest bail out for banks…just seems nobody pays anymore lol, but the tax payers

shady and dirty maybe…but seriously…they have to “trick” people to pay back money THEY OWE.

How bout you loan me a $1000 and when you politely call for it once a week. I tell you I’ll get it to you soon. A year later I’m still telling you I’ll get it to you. Are you going to continue to be polite expecting that I am actually going to pay you?

edit: if my family member was dying of cancer you still wouldn’t give a fuck, I OWE YOU $1000 still. Did you ever notice the majority of people who owe money, always have an excuse that something came up. That’s funny, in my life and everyone else I know, yeah some random shit does come up that sets you back a bit. But that shit isn’t a once a week/month occurance. It’s called bad fucking planning if you get jammed up, it’s your fault you can’t pay for shit.

exactly, if the person isn’t going to pay their bills, what makes you think a debt collector will?
You have to KNOW the laws, and abide by them, but seriously, there is a lot of grey areas that DC can use to their advantage

so yea, i definitely worked at LHR for quite a long time. I wasn’t on any of the hidden camera interviews though… but i personally know each and every one of the people that were, and worked directly along side them, even helped work accounts for them.
The recordings apparently took place last august. Currently, there were only 2 of the people they interviewed that still work there… well, worked, as of this morning they are no longer employed.
A lot of it sucks for the employees, because as much as the company says they don’t train collectors to be illegal, you quickly learn that you are expected to be illegal in your activities… but if you get in trouble, it’s all on you, you were never instructed to do so.

all in all, i hate collections and didn’t have the ability to turn my morals off and keep them off just to “do the job”. Unfortunately, as stated, it’s pretty pathetic that people put off paying their bills for so many years then get offended when someone demands their money.

oh well.

Rob and Joe :wink:
that’s crazy, sucks for them that they lost their job (i’m assuimg they will be canned monday)
I could have sworn I saw “tina” there when I worked there…

I went to high school with Andy Bryski. LULZ.

You serious?:mamoru:

is the show anywhere online?

from the quick pick I just seen on dateline NBC’s website, I worked with andy at ponderosa years back on dick rd lol

From Ponderosa to lawyer… impressive :mamoru:

I couldn’t believe some of the scare tactics they were using.

www.bagsofmoney.us
http://www.myspace.com/bagsofmoney_us This guy owns the collection company… looks like 50 Cent/Flo Rida

that dude bags of money is paid, tons of whips, masarati’s(sp?) to range rovers and more. he is always promoting his cds and books. You can find his flyers all around the city. And yes, during High School I worked with Andy at Ponderosa. WOW

WNY has the highest number of bill collection companies per capita IN THE WORLD. so, uhh, ALOT. As with anything, there are a bunch of assholes that ruin it for everybody I guess.