Debt collectors using fake courtrooms, judges, sheriffs. lolwut?!

I lol’d at the “can we take a look around your fake courtroom?”

Although I think its not right what they are doing… people should pay thier bills.

I agree but dont forget alot of ppl are without jobs. gotta look at both sides.

you also have the bigger problem of banks giving out loans / credit cards that they cannot reasonably expect to collect on. There is fault everywhere.

Bigggggg trouble… impersonating state officials and multiple violations of debt collection laws

it still blows my mind how stupid people are. Every other commercial on television seems to be an attorney saying they will sue your harassing bill collectors and collection agencies are all over the news all the time for doing illegal shit. How are these people still so gullible?
Stupid people deserve to pay a pretend judge in a pretend court.

If you pay your bills you wont have this problem. If you cant afford to get a credit card, don’t get one. If you know you are lazy and don’t want to get a job, expect repercussions. I don’t get the mentality of people these days.

Pittsburgh, nuff said.

WRONG… apparently you didn’t read this.

Link:
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Charges_against_12_area_debt_collectors_20090929

Direct quote from said link.
“The defendants’ alleged lies, deceit and intimidation caused many innocent people to pay money they didn’t owe just to stop the terrifying calls. "

Just thought i’d point that out, before you say that people should just pay, and they wouldn’t resort to stupid shit like this.

Um, try people get laid off or have health problems that arise all the time that stop them from working. Some it spending outside your means, other times its just down on your luck. I agree, I hate dead beats that live outside there means or don’t pay there debt, but not all the time its case of “this person just spend more than he could, and is a dead beat”

must be sweet living in a dillusional world. People get laid off all the time. people with 50 to 60k a year jobs.People who have worked since before your father blew in your mother… even vehicle slingers like yourself lose jobs. shit happens it sucks but some people end up in a rough spot especially when its a whole other world then when they were young. Its not like people walked in and said fuck you I dont want an income

Theres nothing delusional about it, i was laid off last winter a week before Christmas. You know what I did, I went to another RV dealership and got a job. Yup, thats right, it was snowing out and I was still selling RV’s.

I understand people are down on their luck or may have been laid off. Guess what, thats what unemployment is for. If you are living outside what unemployment will pay, then your just foolish. You know what you make, how much you spend and how much you will make on unemployment. It’s not that hard to live within a means.and there are jobs out there, people just want to be picky and say I can’t take that little of money and keep holding out for that big job that they are gonna make triple figures a year.

Sorry to come off a little dickish, but lets be real. The reason this country is upside down right now is due to people living outside their means. They want to go ahead and blame it on the bank for giving them more money than they can handle? Get a grip, the bank isnt going to bail you out when you lose your job, they are going to capitalize on you when they sell your account to a debt collector who is going to do whatever it takes to make a paycheck.

It is a simple thing. Dont spend/borrow more than you can pay back.

I used to be a bill collector. There are 2 types of debtors: Deadbeats, and sob stories. We all know what deadbeats are. But sob stories aren’t always just “oh i lost my job and can’t find another one”. Some are “i had to quit my job to take care of my mother with alzheimer’s, so my bills have to wait”. Or, “I didn’t just lose my job, I lost my leg, and now i have to wait 5 years for a settlement. Until then I get pennies from disability compared to what i was making while employed”. There are a lot of unplanned events that happen in life that pretty much make everything else impossible.

Also. Unemployment maxes out at $400 a week. If you qualify to get that much per week, chances are you were making a hell of a lot more than that prior. If you were making a hell of a lot more than that prior, then you probably don’t live in a $600/month shit hole apartment, which is all you SHOULD have if you plan on following your statement of “you shouldn’t live outside of what unemployment would pay”. You probably have a house, utilities, insurance, taxes, etc.
I guess people should just stop being foolish, sell everything they own regardless of their income, and live their life pretending they make $12/hour.

Holy fuck Batman. Ignorance is bliss.

Too bad this happened in Eire.

If this was the case everyone should have the exact same house and car?

I think the mistake you made was not having skills to fall back on…

You’re supposed to have enough savings to make it 5-6 months with out an income and use unemployment as additional income…If you have an actual skill set you should be able to find a new job within that time range.

Two of my neighbors are in collections. For every legit sob story there are 20 deadbeats.

THIS.

If I lost my job tomorrow, I would have a new job within a month making at least the same as now if not more.

Ok, so if you make 100k a year you should live off $20,800 a year that unemployment will cover? That just shows you have to clue what you are talking about. Ignorance is bliss my friend and you must be living on a great cloud.

The problem is that people wont ‘lower’ themselves to work a menial job like food service or something once they become unemployed.

I have not noticed a decline in ‘now hiring’ signs if you look hard enough. Plus with the internet (craigslist/monster/etc) there is no excuse not to be doing something that generates income. If you are making 100k a year and get laid off with NO prospects for a real job anytime soon you SELL YOUR SHIT and move into an apartment, get a roommate, lose the $100 a month cell phone bill, drive a beater, start over. Millions of people live at/near $20k a year. its not impossible if you tuck your tail and deal with it.

Besides, you get what you had coming to you if you have big money in CC debt.

Sure there are always exceptions but c’mon, this is bandwagon shit going on here.