Debt collectors using fake courtrooms, judges, sheriffs. lolwut?!

it’s not always easy to just say, “sell all your shit” . Families don’t have the comfort of just getting up and moving into a 1 bedroom apartment. It’s not good to shuffle children from school to school. I do agree though, that expensive cars can be sold. Menial items like TVs and expensive appliances can be replaced with cheaper ones, etc… Familes are expensive though, and if you have no money, you have no money.

With that said, majority of deadbeats that collections agencies get are NOT families with previous 100k+ incomes. They are people who don’t make much money, and use credit cards to try and make ends meet, or live a better life. I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do. However, they probably don’t have many worthy possessions to sell off, they’re probably already living in a pretty cheap house. They’re just deadbeats who don’t give a fuck about their credit score. Either that or they’re too stupid to realize how badly they’re hurting themselves.

Again, I know that sometimes bad things happen to good people, but MOST (75%) are just irresponsible deadbeats.

How did I not have skills to fall back on? I wasn’t in a position where i was begging someone to hire me because I couldn’t put food on the table. I went and got a job because I like to make money and sitting home everyday wasn’t an option. I had money in the bank, a car that was paid for and I had more than enough money from my unemployment to cover my weekly expenses.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I’m assuming that if you are making $100k a year, you have money in the bank so that when you do get laid off/fired, you have a source of income. If you don’t, then you deserve to have everything taken for not covering your ass.

BTW the “cloud” that I am living on doesn’t have any room for bill collectors, unwanted debt or anything along those lines. I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about. If I didn’t, I would be one of those deadbeats.

I guess im trying to figure out the point you were making…about only spending what you could afford on unemployment.

If I lost my job today I could easily find a job making 40-45k if all else failed and be able to more then pay all my bills.

I should have been clear. If you were to be laid off, you should have enough money saved so that unemployment would help you float to your next source of income. That is what it is there for right?

ok, you still don’t get it!

What I’m not getting is what you are trying to prove? Are you sticking up for someone or maybe yourself?

Not defending anyone or myself. People fall on bad times, health issues arise where they can’t work, can’t find work, etc. I am just stating not everyone that has things go to debt collectors are deadbeats who lived outside their means.

Most of the time the people who do fall on hard times aren’t the ones who make the new because they do everything they can to work with their debtors.

When you are poor you don’t have comforts, you cannot afford them. So yes, you move into a 1 bedroom; kids in the bedroom, parents on a sofa sleeper. But like I said, people won’t ‘lower’ themselves to live like that just because they have no money which is the problem, I think.

wow, apparently 50k/yr jobs are popping outta everywhere and easily accessible if you just put in a resume. lol Tons of ignorance in this thread. I cant believe the national unemployment rate is almost 10% with all these jobs available. Maybe everyone unemployed should move into a 1bedroom appt in buffalo and take one of these great paying jobs and live long successful lives.

I make a decent living and i was previously unemployed for about 6months before i found another decent paying job. Everyone here that says anything else has obviously never been put into a crunch situation where you HAD to find another good paying job. Its a whole different ball game when just randomly looking for work while being employed, to having to find work cause you have no income or worse yet no insurance from being layed off. Job availability also has alot to do with the type of occupation as well. there may be plenty of IT jobs available but there not gunna hire a machine repair or journey man just because they need to fill spots.

again, i need to find this land of bliss so i can stop worrying about life and bills.lol

Oh, and i lol’s at the fake courtroom comment.

i agree. but 1 out of 20 in this nation is still a staggering number of legit stories.

I guess I do see things a little different than everyone else. I believe that I have one of the toughest jobs that is out there. Not physically, but in the winter is is virtually impossible to sell RV’s. Who is considering purchasing something that they use in the summer when its blizzarding outside.

That being said, I was laid off for a short time and I went out and in my mind, accomplished the impossible and got a job doing something that not many people are successful at. If I can do that, I dont understand how there can be so many people that “just cant find any jobs out there!”

I think it is a result of laziness and not wanting to accept the fact that they need to get a job doing whatever it takes to make a paycheck.

Is not laziness and you are too ignorant to see why.

LOL dude you have a stick up your ass over this argument. I’m not too ignorant, I deal with people on a daily basis and I see their credit reports firsthand. I know what I see and like everyone else is saying, for every sob story, there are 20 deadbeats.

Those people who do fall on hard times are usually the ones who cooperate and get their shit paid. Those who don’t are the ones getting scammed.

I have also acknowledged multiple times that I understand that people fall on hard times. Let me know if you need to repeat again, I know you might need me to.

Maybe your too ignorant to accept that fact that part of me knows what I’m talking about and you just want to be an idiot and continue to try and argue with me about something that I have already acknowledged (thats 2x).