David Buschur's (buschur racing) daily driven evo *vid inside*

his daily driven evo, he takes his kids to school in this car and still gets 26 mpg!

[quote=“davidbuschur”"]

Alright first and almost most importantly, THANK YOU TRENT STANLEY, my friend and our welder, FOR DRIVING MY CAR THIS YEAR. You are an awesome driver and without your help my goals would not have been met.

Today I woke up late, was tired from working on attempting to finishin our rec room yesterday at home. It was about 9 am. Sun was shining, it was low 30’s. I called Trent to see if he wanted to meet me at the track. He sounded as tired as I was and was also still in bed. We agreed on 11 am.

I had to fuel the truck up, go get the trailer, laptop, video camera, floor jack etc.

The sun was shining and it looked promising as far as the weather went.

We set the tire pressure and Trent went up to make the first pass. 9.77 at 147 mph on the new tires. The car spun HARD but managed a 1.61 sixty foot time, probably the best of the year.

I looked at the log made an adjustment as it was rich.

Trent went back up and busted out a 9.65 at 151.04 mph!!! 1.55 sixty foot time.

This was promising as he did not power shift 1-2. So we knew there was more left in it.

The next run we followed after an entire field of fast, slick tired cars who really got the track in shape. Sun was out and it was the warmest it had felt all day. Trent tried to clean the tires off and it just bogged, 2 attempts and it just bogged. Pulled to the line to launch and it just fell on its face and bogged. Amazing. Checked the logs, everything looked fine. We had left the 2 step set at 6,000 rpm, same place it was all year on the radials. After the slick tired cars had run and got the track in shape it was just not enough RPM to launch with these new tires. We bumped it up to 6700 rpm.

Next run the car spun hard again, 1.66 sixty foot time but still ran another 9.66 at 151.41 mph. Too much rpm for the launch.

One more try, I told Trent to ride it out in first gear longer, ignore the wheel spin and ride it out until it hooks again. Sure enough, the car leaves better with less two step 1.57 sixty foot, when it shifts to 2nd it looks freaking mean, the car lurches forward and is for sure on it’s best run of the day…missed 3rd gear. Still ran a 9.8 at 148. We could have stayed but I had so much to do at home we left.

That’s it, I had a goal of running 150 mph in a legitimate street car and have surpased it. Now I know the car has a LOT more left in it. Better track conditions and a few more ideas I have and this car might just get fast:P

We should have some kick butt video and pictures to post.

Want to thank Tom Powell for being there and supporting us. He was taking video and stills, so was I.

I also took a walk around the car with the video camera, I’ll post it later, some smart ass comments, showed it being complete etc. For some it matters, for others it doesn’t, to me it does. The in car video should be cool, we have in car and out of car video of the 9.65 run.

The car ran flawlessly and I have to say I am more than impressed with how well the car has performed and held up for the last full two race seasons.

[/quote]

nice evo

another vid

why didnt he drive his own car tho?

i dunno, he always has trent drive it at the track for some reason

thats the RS model right? the lightest of the evos? it has manual windows so i assume its the base model evo.

i like how he says “NO ICE REQUIRED” sounded funny… :lol:

pretty fast :tup:

yes sir… everyone gives him crap saying the car isnt gutted etc. also say’s he uses nitrous/meth to get these times

RS is def. the way to go with an evo. only 1 i would buy.

crank windows kick ass.

is the RS just lighter because it has power nothing?

ie. stripper

pretty much, and no wing, its about 100 lbs lighter or something

nice vid i love evos i kinda want one lol
nice find

Nice. It would be tough to drive that on a daily basis and not race every person you saw.

Buschur Racing & Dragway 42 aren’t far from me. David Buschur posts on a local racing forum I post on around here. Seems like a nice guy but I’ve never personally talked to him. Just communicated on the forums.

hes an awesome guy and he knows his shit inside and out about evo’s, just called him the other day about my turbo kit

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:9,topic:39437"”]

RS is def. the way to go with an evo. only 1 i would buy.

crank windows kick ass.

[/quote]

3,263 lbs (EV09) 3,219 lbs (EVO9 RS)

for the 44 lbs, I’ll keep my 4 power windows, power locks, rear wiper, radio, and trunk insulation thx.

[quote=“Geoff,post:17,topic:39437"”]

3,263 lbs (EV09) 3,219 lbs (EVO9 RS)

for the 44 lbs, I’ll keep my 4 power windows, rear wiper, radio, and trunk insulation thx.

[/quote]

yeah, no doubt. this looks like a nice car. but how much $$ does he have in it?

EVO9 minus spare = EVO9 RS

[quote=“Anonymity,post:18,topic:39437"”]

yeah, no doubt. this looks like a nice car. but how much $$ does he have in it?

[/quote]

stage 3 shortblock - 3k
stage 3 head -3.5k
HTA35r turbo kit - 4k
bushwhacker tranny - 1k
then all the other crap to make it work, a lot more

holy shit makes me realize how much ive dumped into mine, ill have everything but the shortblock/head after winter… i need a new hobby