EVO VIII Build

Well the EVO has treated me well so far, good track performance and holding its own out on the street. Well all the abuse she took had come to an end , as the stock 4G63 bottom got a fatal dose of meth injection at the wrong time. Broke a rod in cylinder #4 and put a whole in the block. Upon tear down discovered lots and lots of meth layin in the Intercooler piping, the Intercooler itself, Throttle body fuckin everywhere.

It appeared that the pump may have never fully shut off and was bleeding meth into the motor. All this happens while cruising out of boost , part throttle and around 35 mph in traffic. She just broke FUUUUUCCCCCKKKK.

Well that finally brings me to the point that I am finally building this bitch hahaha. Hope I find a good used block they are very rare and usually expensive even for just a block nothing in her. But I may have a inside track to one currently. So the plan go’s as this

Buschur Racing stage3 block
JE pistons
Crower Rods

Buschur Racing stage3 head
Supertech dual valvesprings /titanium retainers
Supertech .5mm over valves
Port & Polished
BF 272 camshafts
O-ringed

Turbo yet to be determined. If I sell my turbo then I will buy another T3 flanged setup that I can just bolt on.

If I sell the whole kit then it will probably be a Buschur Racing tubular manifold and no smaller than a T-67-P trim , A.K.A GT37R

This is the same motor that is in their black drag car and in Dave’s daily driven 9 second RS.
It should be very stout and handle huge boost.

This project may take me over a year but fuck it , the car would just be sittin right now anyway as it never even gets driven. I make a car payment and look at it really haha. So when she comes back out of hiding it should be prepared to put it down

Updated Photo’s

BR STAGE 3 PORTWORK

VALVES AND COMBUSTION CHAMBER

VALVES AND O-RING

BR 272 CAMS & ARP HEADSTUDS

BR CAM LOBES

BR STAGE 3 BLOCK WRAPPED UP

BLOCK CONSISTS OF CROWER RODS , JE PISTONS , BLUEPRINTED & BALANCED ROTATING ASSEMBLY 10K REV POTENTIAL

BR SUPERTECH DUAL VALVESPRINGS & TITANIUM RETAINERS

Also built the tranny and upgraded the Transfer Case with a RS front diff

awwww shit those meth kits are shit imo. Guess u wont be making it anywere this year??? i just hopin for 12s with the srt… and want another shot at ur buddie that i raced after prp lol.

welcome to the club!! my bottom end is shot too!

Aw that sucks! … Good luck with the build though man … Keep us posted

good luck dan if you need a hand at all give me a ring.

Damn thats shitty, but looks like you are handling this properly.

Wutsup Gombos, I just might hold you to that , will be pullin the rest of the motor / tranny out very soon so . Just may have to let ya help hahaha

if yall need an extra hand shoot me a pm and ill be glad to help…

sorry to hear man…

i been building my car for over 2 years now so i feel your pain.

do you have a DD

Yeah , the car is for fun only. I run the business truck everyday so It is not needed. That definitly helps the pain. But I probably wouldnt have pushed it so hard if I relied on it everyday. So it just gave me an excuse to take my sweet ass time and build something a bit more over the top. :hsdance:

sounds good

good luck with the build

I have gotten my hands on a good Evo VIII block and crank. I had been searching and could not find anything. Cost $850.00 for both. I think its a decent deal. Considering the Crank new is $800+.

The block is currently at Buschur Racing being prepared for the build.

I should have the shortblock built very very soon.

Nice and nice ride. I think i met u before when u first got your evo up at miracle mile but i was in my old avenger. Did you’ve a babyseat in the back?

Yeah the Evo does street kills and track time with the baby seat on occasion. (with out kids)

The kids love it in the ride hahahaha

Haha… What kind of person tries to race a Lambo with a baby seat in the back, and on top of that, a 21 year old in that baby seat? You gotta hit me up and give me some details on this build man… Good Luck!

guess no failsafe was installed?? did you run out of meth or did it spray when it wasn’t suppose to

dan i can’t wait to see this thing handing out some kills on the street. i just got my painless chassis harness for the talon thats gonna be a hell of a project. did u decide on the 37r? that seems to be an awesome turbo. either that or take a look at forced performance’s gt3582rHTA thats what was on buschur’s white RS. either way can’t wait too see it back on the street. goodluck dan

There was a aquamist flow sensor installed. It sprayed or never fully shut down when it wasnt suppose to . Motor broke the rod traveling 35 mph , part throttle , out of boost

Hey Gombos, I have a buyer for the full setup .Sorry I couldnt help you out with the 30R

Hahaha , Yeah home boy in the Lambo didnt want to see the Evo or Gates’s Cobra