2005 EVO MR

Well most of you know already but I picked up another new car. Its a 2005 evo mr edition. 60,000 miles dark silver with bbs matching wheels. The car is in great shape, very clean and somewhat quick, i love the car, i always knocked on evos until i got a chance to drive them and its just an amazing car. Well mine has a few mods, nothing crazy but it all adds up to 440awhp, tuned by nate from tpg,on slowboys dyno, ill post a pic of the sheet soon. Well the mods are : FP3065 turbo,Tial 50mm Blow off valve, Tial 44mm wastegate,Buschur front mount kit, 2.5" piping, invidia 3 inch turbo back exhaust, ACT 2600, Meth injection, Hallman boost controller, hks 264 intake cam, 280 exhaust cam,buschur springs and retainers,Perrin fuel rail,720cc injectors, and thats about it besides a seibon carbon fiber hood which im not sure if im crazy about yet. Overall the car is in great shape and i love driving it, i dont know if im going to be modding it as i already have the del sol getting a 35r on it, and the nitrous m3, but its fun car as is, ill keep everyone posted if i do anything, but check on the del sol thread soon, i should have dyno numbers up the next week or so on it

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79KQ_DsOvx4”]YouTube - 3 wide[/ame]

Looks nice… I give it like 2 weeks before the cops make you remove that tint haha.

fp 3065. you learn quick, young jedi.

that was rishers car… you buy it from butler pre-owned?

good thing its not beat on.

Ya

Good look , I think I know of the previous owner. Was his name Kyle I believe. I sold him a set of 5zigen fpo1r’s

looks good. Get a set of rods into it soon and swap the timing belt , its up there in mileage for modified plus stock Evo rods are a bit on the small side and do break. I snapped mine not making much more power than that

I actually don’t beat on it that race is the only one I had, I baby it everyday I don’t want it blowing up on me I have to much invested right now to beat on it it’s my daily instead of the m3

I know kyle was pretty easy on it considering the mod level. he won top import at flashlights once with it… i thought it was in the 500’s though hp wise… i coudl be wrong.

keep it maintenanced and enjoy it!

That is fine , but just consider this maybe due to how I beat on my motor , but My rod broke at 35mph just cruising. I backed out of the throttle went around the bend and tipped back into the throttle then SNAP!! game over.

To put it into perspective there was no damage to the head that is how slow of an engine speed this happend at.

I am just saying that the stock rods are the weakest link. You wont have to blow it up it will just break due to prior wear and tear on it in its higher horsepower level. It wont take much to comprimise the integrity of those rods they may not break on you while racing but out of nowhere that stress fracture becomes a complete failure.

You bought a 440awhp DSM with cams and shit for your daily driver? :rofl:

ya I understand what u mean, I was replying to berad but I know they break, I think I’ll eventually put some work into it, just right now it’s not in the cards so I’ll baby it as long as I have to

Yes sir, it does very well as a daily gas mileage isn’t to bad and it’s just as comfortable in traffic as the bmw was, plus it’s got the balls to get up and go when I need it to

i think he is referring to the reputation of breaking not how nice they are to drive as a daily

evolutions arent dsm’s dummy

tried rotating it but it showed up the same

Kinda odd that the power falls off on top like that. And that huge dip whats up with that is that how the final tune looks.

Can you feel that on the street?

That 3065 should easily be making steam well past 7k even to 8k. Its basically a 30R turbine with a 35R compressor wheel hybrid turbo!

idk thats the dyno sheet the dealer gave me from slowboy, might be a fraud i have no idea, maybe ill take it somewhere one weekend and strap it to the dyno again and see what it puts down, might it have something to do with the meth injection? the boost log on the other sheet puts boost right around 27psi

are you possibly looking at the tq? the torque is on the left, that falls off big , but on the hp side it dips a little bit but not to bad

that dip at 7k could just be caused by your boost controller or something dumb like that.

i think he might be looking at the torque, the hp does have a slight dip but nothing i wouldnt expect at higher hp numbers