2005 EVO MR

No I was peeping the HP side. I am sure that turbo will keep power rising on that setup with ease.

Its got plenty of turbine and very much plenty of compressor shouldnt be dropping , should pull clean to 7500-8k.

lots of variables could be a boost issue , but if the logs are showing 27 psi thru out then I would start looking elsewhere , timing , fuel possible knock. Its on stock Ecu right??

ya stock ecu with reflash

Get a tactrix cable so you can log that and see what is going on. Looks like knock more than anything to me. IDK if it is keeping boost something isnt very happy at those rpm.

I am not big on the stock ECU not because it isnt really good , cause it is people are making a shit ton of power with it. I run AEM so I dont know some of the stock ecu ins and outs.

IMO , It looks like knock is happening and it pulls timing to save the motor , then once knock is subdued it starts adding timing again and that is why at the very end of the pull it starts to try and build power again.

It mite not do that all the time , but without logging it who will know!!

im completely new to mitsubishi, do u have a link for the cable? and is there a program i install on my computer to see the log any help is appreciated

Yeah I can dig up a link for the cable , I am sure some on here even know it. I believe that you can download off of openecu the ecuflash program. Then all of the stock ecu is open to you for flashing and adjusting anything you want.

Even to the point now that people can fuck with the obd2 action of the ecu. making all of the test for emissions in the proper condition for passing emissions tests

Here is a quick link to a forum section on EVOM all of it in regards to ECU Flash. It is not a direct link to the cable but I am sure you can find it, plus tons of info on the program and the logging options as well

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash-179/

jason, i got a buddy in penn hills with a tactrix cable. he’d probably log your car on evoscan if we asked him. let me know

that’d be awesome text me whenever we can

anyone sell methanol locally?

jason when i drove it, it def didint feel like it was knocking. Usually I can tell in the talon when its knocking, you can feel it if its more than a couple degrees. (despite dsmlink flashing the CEL) There still is a good chance its knocking some that you cant feel. Id still turn the boost down a hair to be safe. I dont like having to run meth all the time what if you get a bad batch of gas or something fails in the meth system. Thats too nice of a car to run it close to the edge.

Good points.

Here is just a bit of visual to maybe encourage you to recongnize maybe just how close you are to something critical. When flying with the unknown get it logged ASAP! I know for a fact that car has seen racing. As much as the car had been taken care of as did I , And trust me Mine has a 1/3 of those miles and broke

This is making approx. 430-440 whp on Buschurs mustang dyno.

: ( thats no good at all.

no bueno

looks like a problem. torque shouldn’t drop off that quick with that engine.

well it knocked like a bitch tonight, i honestly think that it was a weak mix of meth, but he pulled some timing and it straightened out alott, still knocks very slightly at about 6k, but then thats all, im just gonna have it re-tuned, then im going to buy the cord and the evoscan, and run a map with and without meth to be safer

if you audibly hear it knocking, its about to splode everywhere…

and ya im not sure why it knocked, i tried explaining to garret and the other guy (forget his name) that it neverrrr felt like that before, it pulled real hard when steve drove it and every other time i drove it, but tonight it felt slow was knocking bad, so thats why i really think it had something to do with the meth, but im just gonna get it re-tuned go from there

There is no mistake that , that tune probably had been knocking since the day it was made.

The graph is screaming I AM KNOCKING all over it. Especialy when the power drops so sudden and then makes an attempt to build back up. Clearly looked like timing being pulled.

You should also consider swapping out your plugs as well. drop in a set colder and some NGK coppers work real nice and cheap.

I honestly believe you could make the same power on straight pump 93 without the meth and the risk of a major system malfunction destroying your motor.

have my buddy dan tune it www.racetuned.com jhe might even be around this weekend if he decides to drop off his motor at the machine shop.

Everyone i know around here that has a car with meth involved has problems with it.

meht is not easy to work with. 1) the mix has to be the same everytime with the tun that you have on it. 2) I noticed in the colder weather the methanol has a greater chance to form larger droplets( not atomize properly) and basically not burn right. This can cause it to puddle in places and basicaly not enter the engine resulting in knock or the droplet size will be to big in the cylinders and blow out the spark. It kinda sucks. Almost wish I didn’t have it. Should have just gone turbo with my damn car from the get go.