Evo Thread

I know they’re are plenty of other evos in the area, but i rarely see them. So I decided to start a little thread to see whats out there, whats mods, and what future ideas you guys have. I’ll start…

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/ev.JPG
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/evo8engine.jpg

2004 Evo VIII
18 inch Gram Light 57C wheels
Kumho Ecsta MX tires
C-west front lip
Injen cold air intake
XS front mount intercooler
XS upper intercooler piping
HKS Super Sequential blow off valves
Apexi Super Airflow converter
Racing Harnesses
Ksport ProKontrol adjustable coilover suspension
4 Alpine type R component speakers
Pioneer 7" touch screen video head unit with ipod connection

Future plans:
ViS OEM style Carbon Fiber hood
Brian Crower Stage 2 272 cams
Fuel Injector Clinic 850cc injectors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
New Dyno Tune

Eventually want to upgrade the turbo but am not completly sure to what…

give me your evo

I see tons of them at the local Steel Cities and North Park SCCA auto-x’s. There is probably an average of 6 Evo’s at every event. Some of which are absurdly quick, I might add.

Superninjaedit = It appears you put some work into that sled, what are plans driving-wise? Stoplight to stoplight flexing, drag or track duty?

:rofl:

My wrenching buddy asmodeus has a white 05 white evo RS
mods are
Buschur 3" TBE no cat, 4" HAFE intake & K&N, walbro 255, HKS 272’s, Tial bov, Buschur deluxe FMIC & piping, (SBR turbo kit) HAFE ehaust manifold, GT3076R, HAFE o2 housing, Tial 44mm WG & SS dump tube, Hallman Pro mbc, FIC 850’s, Tein S Tech springs, Energy Suspension bushings, Innovate WB & gauge. Greddy oil pressure & boost, Zaklee clear cover, Evo VII tails, Blacked out head lights.

he has since done the jdm evo 9 rear, installed maf pro and is running speed density.

its a clean car,
here is a little pull before PRO , I was in the passenger seat logging with logworks
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIOpjnL1oA”]YouTube - 120mph Highway pull in an EVO VIII[/ame]

I have a 2004 VIII ralley red

Its broke put a rod thru the block hahahaha

Was running a GT3076R with HKS 272’s and obvious supporting mods FMIC , Injectors, Turboback , AEM EMS, Exedy twin disk

Stock appearing and mostly will stay that way , Had a set of wheels sold them shits

New setup :

I currently have purchased:

Buschur Racing Stage 3 block:

BR JE Pistons
BR Crower Rods
Balance shaft removal

Buschur Racing Stage 3 head

.5mm over valves
BR supertech dual valvesprings
BR BF272 camshafts
Port & Polish
O-ringed

Buschur Racing Buschwacker Transmission

Will be buying near future

Exedy triple disk
BR double pumper
1200cc injectors
Full Coil on Plug ignition
Driven Innovations Intake manifold

And Cant decide what turbo to rock ???

BR HTA GT35R or BR HTA GT37R (67 PTrim)

Or go even bigger dont know yet I got time to decide. Hope to have it done and on the road next spring

Most of the hard driving on mine will be auto-x but also want to be able to post decent drag times

Rockin, there is plenty of local event left this year for both North Hill and Steel Cities regions. Do you even live in the area?

nice EVO evocats… i like that color

Yes I do live in the area. I go to school at the University of Kentucky but am home in the Ingomar Franklin Park area for summer.

and thank you very much SoLow

I have a white EVO.

There is a good number of EVO owners that meet ~ once a month.

Info can be found here
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=5742650&posted=1#post5742650

Coll, well you’ll hvae lots of company at the local auto-x’s.

no evo here but im thinking about running a big 16g turbo in my 3rd gen eclipse.

People still drive those things?

37R you puss…

Im at work cant get the pics of mine till I get home. Go 40R or 42r. Much more fun trust me :wink:

4508 >*

yeah most def, being built and if your aiming for 1000 or so horsies

It’s on my list for next rear, right beside the ford 8.8.

Man , I was thinking on the lines of around 650-700 haha.

It is still a street car with all of the heavy shit still in her.

I dont just want a total highway / dyno queen.

I am open for debate though.

T70 you have had several different sized turbo’s. What is your opinion

I know with the HTA35R Buschur has been puting out mid/low 10 second cars on 93 octane with mph around 135 mph on pump. And getting these cars on the HTA35R in the low low 10’s and 145-146 range on C16.

I honestly will not be happy with anything less than 140 mph+ traps out of the car with minimal weight reduction. And it looks like the 35R can get it done ??