EVO VIII Build

hey no problem dan i’m starting to lean twards something bigger anyways. you need to come to the dsm shootout this year aslong as it doesn’t get rained out again it should be a good time

No doubt, My car will not be done but I wouldnt mind coming along and assisting with whatever. Do you think your car will be done bye then??

well i’m gonna try to have it runing bey then but i doubt it will happen. even if its not done though we’ll probably stay at the red roof in and i believe AMS stays there and thers usually a ton of dsm ppl that hang out and drink and BS in the parking lot at night so its still a good time. There might be some other quick dsm’s with us but it all depends if everyone’s shit is together by then

OK OK I didnt post up some updates in quite some time so here we go.

Since finding a good used empty block from CBRD I had committed to the Buschur Racing stage 3 block and head, along with some agressive high lift BR 272 camshafts.

Also I had the tranny and transfer case built and put in a new Evo RS front diff. The 03-04 Evo’s came with a open front diff so wheel hop has been a issue. The new diff should help in that regards

The BR stage 3 Portwork

Valves and combustion chamber

Valvejob and O-Ring

BR 272 lumpy’s and ARP headstuds

BR 272 cam lobes

The shortblock all wrapped up like my dick in a hooker

The block consist of Crower rods , JE pistons , blueprinted & balanced full rotating assembly has a 10k+ rev potential

BR Supertech dual valvespring with titanium retainers

I dont have any photo’s of the Tranny and Transfer case , but there really isnt anything to see anyway so who gives a shit.

Much more to be had yet as a whole new turbo setup will be bolted up along with many other upgrades and lighter weight parts at strategic locations will be added as well.

Any way though I would update so there you go , enjoy!!!

On my meth system I have a shut off solenoid in the line aprox. 7-10 inches from the nozzle, so that the vacuum doesn’t siphon from the tank when the pump is off, and so that the line is always primed.

FCS-10 - Fluid Control Solenoid

http://www.labontemotorsports.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/FCS-10.html

You might want to look into using one.

will not be using meth on new setup so…

Oh, ok. Well this is what you should of had on the last set up…

coulda woulda shoulda , Oh well shit happens not looking into the past only moving forward.

I will only run pump or Race or E-85 hahahah will see.

I am confident that I will have atleast a 10 second street car on pump gas 93octane.

so all the extra not concerned with , I will just go straight to Race fuel if I really want to get busy

Looking good dude! … Good luck with everything, and I can’t wait to see it up and running.

On a side note … wow … shit is so small for you guys … I would much rather install that head, then these big performance diesel heads

looks good dan. i might have to give you a ring this weekend and take a look at the motor inperson

looking good man! best of luck

Thanks Gombos , stop bye anytime man . I still need to get my original crank out of the old block. I am considering selling it. All the old rods and pistons are out of it just need to get the damn crank sprocket off the crank and pull the front cover off to get the crank out. I think I can pull a few hundred for the crank.

Their 850$ new so…

Thanks man, Will keep the thread updated. I am looking forward to completion. I just dont know when that mite be , hahahaha

is it running yet? haha

BigMack your almost fucking funny haha.

We will see how the cash keeps coming. Christmas is coming for the kids so that will derail me for a minute. But I will rebound quick.

One thing you need to understand this is a all cash build , I refuse to go into debt for a single dollar. Plus I am still payin on the 30K loan. ouch!!!

i hear ya dan i’m tryin to get out of debt so i can fund my project haha but i’ll def give you a call friday or saturday so i can get a first hand look on the progress your makin on the mean red evo 8

the head and the port work looks good

Some new activity on the Build Front. Have gotten my hands on a few more important pieces.

Here we have a certain one off setup off of David Buschur’s RS

This setup manni/turbo has gone 9.11 @155 mph.

All Hotsides Ceramic Coated

Some Sick Ass Billet Wheel Hottness

Buschwacker Tranny and Transfer Case W/ RS limited slip diff installed

Buschur Race 4in. FMIC and Short Route Piping

Buschur Double Pumper In Tank

Precision 1600cc Injectors (E85 for daily fuel)

Buschur Stage3 Portwork and BF 272 Camshafts

My Extrude Honed Intake Manifold

Bunch O Stuff

Kinda Stoked About The New Goodies

Sweet parts pile.
And what cams are you using? BF 272 Camshafts?

E85 is nice, do you have an E85 station nearby?

Cams are BF272’s

Yes E85 availible in Monroeville. bout 15 minutes away.

I am getting 3 tunes 93 octane for over the road.( if ever haha)

E85 for local daily fuel use

Q16 when I want it all!!!

lookin sick dan! You know any of the specs on that turbo? what are you up to this week? I’m on break all week from school i need to stop over and check out your huge pile of parts