dd blitz bov not opening

just bought one off a member…and its not opening up…all i hear is compression surge…all lines all hooked up…drove for bout 1 hour …now my car seems to hesitate and wanna die when i give it a lil gas …anyone know if my turbo got messed…and any ideas on my bov …thx

update…just too it for another drive…seems like it only opens up at hign rpms only any ideas?

which vacuum source is it connected to

Take it apart and lube moving parts. Old used BOV’s can sieze.

And running for 1 hour without a BOV won’t wreck your turbo.

lol
engine starts to shake really rough now ,getting worried :?

Did you delete the ricirc valve completely? It’s not going to idle well unless you do that.

There are three vac sources. 2 on top and 1 on the bottom.
You need to have it’s own dedicated source for the BOV. Like I said earlier, delete the evap canister and use that line. Make sure the lower vac source is plugged up. Run the other top one for the FPR and whatever else you may have.

the top big one rite 1 is to the bov ,the other top small 1 is t’ed to fuel pressure and boost gauge, bottom is caped off ,

If it siezed slightly open you’d be running rough.

How much boost are you running…my guess is the spring in the bov is too stiff? i had it happen to me…i was running 7psi on a min 10psi spring and it wouldnt fully go off all the time

yea i think i;m running stock boost rite now…yea i;m guessing i have to run a lil bit more to get it to open…but what worries me is that when it idles now…the engine shakes and vibrates pretty rough …but the rpm is idles normal any ideas

for me the vacuum source on the bottom of the TB won’t actuate my BOV. I had to use one of the top 2 vacuum nipples.

and yeah… if the shaking in your idle happens right after you rev, its a vacuum leak either caused by the bov itself or part of the piping/couplers/gaskets that you recently installed when putting in the bov.

Exactly what happened to my Blitz BOV. Took it apart and cleaned up all the parts and it works perfectly fine now.

k i just cleaned everything…lubed it up…now it opens only if i hit around 4 Rpms…anyone know if i can cut the spring inside so it opens up easier…cause i already have it on the softest setting/

Cutting the spring will not help, youll just get bad boost leaks.

Go to matrix (I think they sell Blitz) and just shell out for a new spring.

MATRIX DONT SELL JUST CALLED

Buy a new bov?

already did homie lol…got the new hks coming this week.

Good stuff.