Deadly accident at Darien Lake

But before you blame some poor park employee, put yourself in their shoes. The family came right out and said he was 100% determined to get on that ride. It’s easy to sit back and say, “well they shouldn’t have let him on” from here. It’s a lot harder being that guy who has to look a determined vet who has given so much dead in the eye and say, “sorry dude, no legs, no ride”. Hindsight it will probably be determined that it should have been done but in the moment it’s a tough call to make.

My fiance used to work there. She told me there are only a few rides that have signs that say you must have legs to ride and she did not think this was one of them. So, park employee may not be to blame.

Ya I don’t really blame anyone. I am just saying looking at the parks perspective, if they told him no because he had no legs since he was so determined to ride it, it probably would have been in the news that darien lake would not allow him on it. Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.

Irony?

7 figure settlement going to the daughters from Darien Lake.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/195496/37/Darien-Lake-Reaches-Settlement-in-Wrongful-Death-Lawsuit?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Our system of law has done so much to eliminate the idea of personal responsibility I don’t know if this even moves the bar.

Amen to that brotha… de-emphasizing personal responsibility, alongside with the removal of incentives is what will be the underlying cause of the demise of this country.

I bet 9% of that goes to Social Security…

lol

I dunno. It’s hard to know where the gap in judgement was. Maybe the dude was told it was safe or something. I’m OK with the orphans of a wounded vet that, albeit in a weird twist of events, died from his injuries being set for life.