Dealer/Transport Plates?

how far into VT is the car nick? i drove my 91 gti from pownal on some not 91 gti plates.

As long as you insure the car, put plates from somethign else on it… Usualy if you got pulled over for some reason a cop will let you go if you show you have insurance on it and that your just bringing it home after purchase

youll get a ticket and most likely towed if stopped.

I know a lot of people including myself that have been stopped in a car with plates from another vehicle. After showing insurance card and recpit/title and the fact that it was signed and dated that day were let go and told to go straight home and register it before dirving it again…

I let someone use my plates to drive an integra home from buffalo… he was stopped a block from his house. Officer let 'em go… lol.

:facepalm

'tis highly illegal to do that lol

its there fault for leaving the plate on th car.

I know some of you seem to get in trouble with the law a lot for no reason I dont know why

but myself even when not pulling the dads a cop trick…and lots of other i know tend to not ahve an issue on less driving like adickhead

and yes techincaly illegal but like I said if you just bought the car, and u show the cop your insurance/title unless they are a complete and udder prick will let you go

every time i’ve been pulled over i’ve gotten a ticket! :excited (except in the minivan)

My brother run’s cars/trucks with different plates all the time. He’ll get the car for you :rofl

I didn’t read every post…but I think you can only get in-transit tags when a car is LEAVING NY…not when it’s coming in.

Ilya,

There is a tag issued by NYS for vehicles bought out of state and being brought in state. There are also out of state in transit tags, but those wouldn’t help Nick.

Nick if you want to rent a dolly or trailer Ill tow it home. Im actually going to a car show in Vermont on Saturday anyway.

Thank you all for the good info. I’ll figure it out for friday. I’m surprised no one has asked what I’m buying :ninja

Was gonna be my Q ^^ :lol

So…what is it. Old Audi, Probe, other??

Where in VT is it anyway? Im going to Pownal.

Old 5 cylinder turbo audi with the legit engine!!!

It’s just north of burlington.

Ohhhh FAAACK!!! :excited Lemme know when ya get her back, I gotta check that out!

Will do homie. Here are some horrible pics of this ugly beast:

227hp of fury!