Debating moving on from the 2ToneV...

That’s the only thing I can think about right now… you are losing your ass on taxes and depreciation flipping through cars this quick.

Whatever makes you happy I guess.

Please explain how I am losing my ass on taxes or depreciation.

You make your $ on the buy and trading in reduces the taxes owed.

I may care more if I lived pay check to pay check, but probably not. FUCKING YOLO

What is the CarMax warranty scheme?

I feel like you should be over 60 if your are getting CGT

Hey man, well said… and more power to you. It doesn’t make much economical sense, but if you are happy, good for you.

I wouldn’t mind a ‘new’ car every 12 months… but that just ain’t happenin’…

It’s a shame you don’t have like a ‘dream’ car that you would be happy holding on to forever.

That may be a reality sooner than later…

The cadillac and all the rest are just things that I have had a desire to own…mission accomplished…now on to the next flavor of the week/month year.

Keep us posted :tup:

I think chris harris put it best on a pod cast when asked if you could own only one car what would it be. He said I don’t think I could only be happy with only one car.

With that said. I am selling my W12 if you are interested. it is a bit different, pretty quick, and very nice

Just buy a minivan and be happy. Throw some 24s on it and you’ll be baller on budget!

Mad street credit!

here we go with another 6 month long FS thread. “OMG found new car must go by this weekend!!!”…“NVMD”… “OH OH OH SOMEONE BUY IT NOW FOUND REPLACEMENT” … rinse, lather, repeat

The service department told me I needed about $1,800 in other repairs, as dealership service departments tend to do. The good news? It was all covered by CarMax. I was only out the $50 deductible.

In other words: the six-year warranty paid for half of itself in the first 30 days of ownership.

… The total cost for this repair was $229.74 (“a really nice microwave”), of which CarMax picked up all but my $50 deductible. For those of you eagerly keeping track, my $3,899 warranty has now covered $4,870.26 in repairs — and it’s only 28 percent complete. And while the car’s seven trips to the dealer in 20 months might seem like an inconvenience, I suspect my attitude to this whole thing is largely the same as yours: I can’t wait to see what breaks next.

Thanks for your participation in this thread.

It means everything to me.

This is not a FS post. This is a question of what vehicles would be possible replacements for me to research and consider with the basis of trading one of my cars in for the next one.

The Cadillac being two-tone might throw a wrench in your plans.

Only one way to find out…

id say just swap the manual ctsv for an auto…you might be able to make cash on that deal.

edit…or better yet, swap it for an auto ctsv wagon

Okay, I will play…

Used Audi s6 with a tune, Great all around car imho.

I feel I’ll be in the same boat once I have my student loans paid off. I’ve had 11 vehicles (not counting motorcycles) in the past 5 years. Never spent more than 13k on one though. Haha

I like this.

I’m assuming this was what you meant to link?

http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/why-your-next-unreliable-luxury-car-should-come-from-ca-814250605

The 3k carmax warranty would be great if there was one in Buffalo. Having to drive to Rochester to use my bumper to bumper warranty would suck.

^^^ Yup thanks!

sooooo how much for the cts-v? I know you said you wanted to trade it in but how has know one even asked that question yet?