Used Car Opinions

i’m in the process of shopping for a new car. decided to not go the new route again. the wifey will need a new car in a year or so so i’m gonna buy used for now and maybe give it to her down the road, or maybe get her a SUV. it’s all up in the air.

i’m leaning towards AWD, but it’s not a HAVE to have thing. good numbers. i want a coupe or sedan. $20,000 or less. basically a cool DD but respectable enough for a business meeting with clients who know absolutely nothing about cars… ie no LS1 for DD. (:greddy: i know, but that’s teh way the world spins so i’d be stupid to not take that into consideration.)

i was leaning german 2.7t or the 1.8t. showtime brought up the LS, never heard much about it. i just saw a Altima SER today but don’t know what they cost… what would you do???

supercharged gtp
4 door
good in the winter
business savy
no one knows it runs low 14s but you

or buy my 02 eclipse v6 5 speed :blue:

Slightly used Mercedes C240 sedan with a 6 speed. Audi S4, or A6 Bi-Turbo.

Orrr the Volvo S80 T6… Which is what i was considering you dont hear much about them but its a twin turbo V6 sedan with every option you can think of and very reasonably priced. Used of course.

I agree. But don’t forget about the supercharged Bonneville’s or Buick Park Avenue Ultra’s if you want something just a little bigger.

Personally I would avoid any domestics. No offense to anyone, but the cheapness shines through. I would be looking at the Audi’s and Volvo’s. Don’t know what slightly used 2005 Legacy GT’s are going for but they are really nice and have lots of potential. Or a used Acura TL either the last generation or current are nice.

does teh S4 use that 2.7 bi-turbo? i heard that they were small, plus little things, diverter valve, other seals… the 2.7t was my fav, now i’m leanin more towards the 1.8t

ht e s4 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

S4 for the win

SUV & AWD= Typhoon!

some volvo would work well thou.

heres some info on that Volvo S80 T6… http://www.modernracer.com/volvos80t6.html

Runs 15.0 flat bone stock. Thats a lot of car to be moving that fast. I’ll look for better pics.

2.5 RS or a 02-03 WRXs can be had for cheap.

All the Audis mentioned are nice as hell too. Maybe a used TL or 00-02 accord EX.

not a very nice car to have clients sitting in.

Eh, I guess the seats may be a little to stiff for a business type meetin. the Legacys are nice and cushy. My buddy has a GT and that thing is nice inside. Out of his price range(at this point in the year).

I second the WRX idea…sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.

theres a GTP over at fishers if you want to look at it and go for a test drive, lol. come buy it so i can detail it.

not feelin the pontiacs, except the solstice, that thing is hot like fire :eek4:

S4

not bad.

Aerio AWD for the win :kekegay:

i hate you so very much :squint: