another "what car for xxxx" would you get

so here is my situation and i think its fairly unique for another car.

new job requires that i drive between 600-1000 miles a week. with this in mind i currently have 3 cars for my family
06 tsx- wife drives during week and we drive to go to dinner or vacations
06 s2000- pure fun car, drive it to golf/cruise/car meets etc
10 prius- my wifes car that i stole to daily drive to save on gas

im sick of having 3 cars, paying insurance on 3 cars and want 2 cars

the criteria is around 30mpg highway, automatic (so wife can drive during week) and FUN, something that can compete with the s2000 or my old 335i. i also want the car to be comfortable like the tsx. also must be warrantied and around 40,000

only cars that crossed my mind were a b8 s4, and 335 xdrive (refused to get another bmw with the last problems)

any experiences with the s4?

really would like awd since i live on a mountain and my wife drives over it to work m-f

ATS?

b8 s4 is nice, Evo MR has a modded one that I have driven and I really like it. Not a ton of major issue like the 335, but it has some small ones (waterpump and axle seals, steering issues on the 2013’s). Go over to audizine to read more.

How about a Golf R ? C63 AMG ?

My thoughts exactly. I think C63 falls way short on mpg and out of warranty maintenance costs. VW and Audi are better fits given some of the constraints.

i have been looking for s4’s and would love a red one, i just cant find one with the options i want

need to find a car within the next week as thats when the tsx sells and i really dont want to daily the s2000

335d?

Those mpg requirements don’t seem to mix with the other options you listed. There’s the turbo veloster that MIGHT be fun and gets 30+mpg? If the mpg isn’t as big of an issue you could always get an 08 and up Evo MR but the 1000 miles a week might make your cost of ownership a bit through the roof with that SST transmission

get another prius?
edit: didnt see fun lol.

want to buy a oem hardtop? some guy wants to trade my turbo kit for it lol

Fusion Titanium AWD. maxes out at $38k. 2.0L Turbo with 240 hp 270 tq. 31mpg highway

Sports diff, navi and b&o would be my must have options I think If I was going to daily it. (nav isn’t a must for me but its nice to get it on a used car purchase).

You suck at reading comprehension. Buy a Honda anything and fucking be done with it. There is no such thing as a fun car-they all suck and are just failure waiting to happen.

Hey dickhead, this is a car forum, if you don’t like cars I suggest you hang out elsewhere… go on your bike forums and compare spandex and expensive carbon fiber wheels or some shit. Talk to you later in the week. :wink:

jeller great car if it was only me driving, unfortunately my wife refuses to learn stick!!

im tempted to buy a 95 civic for her and a stick s4 for me lol

Sorry, my bad, I ASSumed stick as that what one of my saved searches is set to. I hear ya on the the teaching the wife stick thing. I should have done it with mine when I had a beater civic around back in the day. Now I don’t even think about trying it on something nice LOL.

what about a turbo legacy gt? No full sized FUN AWD vehicle is going to get 30mpg on the highway with an auto.

S4 and 335xdrive are pretty damn close

if anyone is ever in the back seat i would take a second look at the S4, 3series are TINY. Both both are fantastic dd’s! I have never owned an xdrive vehicle but i can tell you that Quattro is UNBELIEVABLE in the snow

jetta TDI, golf R, golf TDI, golf (golf R being the only AWD)
2.0 A4 s line downpipe tune and be done with it.
Don’t fool yourself too bad. A S4 is going to fall into the mid 20’s for mpg. My 2000 S4 only get slightly better MPG than my W12 A8 on the highway at the same speed. (21.6 vs 25) I imagine a V8 a8 would do pretty decent. If you doubled your budget you could be the first on on the block with a diesel A8. I thought the diesel A6 was coming this year too but I don’t see it on the website.

BMW 335D, 535D

Fusion sport AWD (may fall short on MPG)
lincoln mkz with THX audio (may fall short on MPG)
chevy cruise diesel (front wheel drive)

I would suggest a subaru but I was always under the impression that their fuel economy was never that good. Is this true? maybe a WRX would fit your needs?

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

+1

6 speed Corvette. mid 30s on the highway. You are not going to find anything more fun pulling that

Golf TDI