recommend me a sporty sedan

well, im not quite as baller as i would like to be at this point in my life so the price limit is gunna have to be under 20G. It needs to be a sporty 4door that i will not mod, well right away that is. lol Preferably manual tranny.

i realy would like to get into a bmw 545i however there still somewhat hard to find in my price range without tons of miles. Ive explored infinity g35 sedan and even the e39 m5 which im not crazy about the dated look. Ive even considered the e46 m3 coupe even though its only a 2door i could still fit a baby seat in the back.:smiley: my only problem with the e46 m3 is that it seems like everyone and there brother have one.:frowning: and again im not crazy about the somewhat dated look.

so maybe someone can shed some light and maybe im being to narrow minded.

acura tl type s

Volvo S60 R.

I can’t believe you are considering sub $20k e39/e46 M cars.

1st gen g coupe would be a decent bet.

I like the TL but won’t call it “sporty”.

Why are you looking at m class cars, if this is a DD for a baby, why not get a e46 330? I’d have to imagine they are in the range now.

If it was for year round, I’d rather have an Audi, probably a quattro 3.2L A4 for that money, with decent/low miles.

Newer A4 was my first thought.

Can you get a decent Lexus IS in that price range?

Pontiac G8

Legacy GT

b6 s4, b7 a4, mk5 GLi

Im partial to bmw, which is why im trying to find a 545i. Im also partial to rwd and awd. No FWD for me. Im not realy sure what the problem with sub 20g M cars are.

meh, i was looking at some and im not crazy. I sorta feel like its a girly car.

Im not realy sure if i want to own a audi/VW. I dont want to have to deal with issues.

i have had my audi for a little over a year with no issues…

seems pretty solid to me.

+1

Is yours the 8cyl? what should i look for in a s4?

Just buy a 98 M3 sedan, save some money and enjoy it.

http://www.tbgwb.com/97E36M3/
http://www.tbgwb.com/97E36M3/M3Sedan_13.jpg

Or get an E34

Cars are a waste of money. Put that money in a savings account for the youngings.

Owning an E39 M5 I will tell you that they are kinda maintenance sluts. Not bad at all to work on so far. Finding one that does not suck for under 20K will be kinda hard but they do exist I guess. After owning mine for about 6-7 months I dont even know I will say I am not going to keep it as my only dd but I am deff not selling it.

My 525i drives way smoother and with the sport package it a BLAST to drive. Parts are pretty cheap and I love the car so much. Owned over a year and have replaced nothing. Only thing I would consider would be a limited slip which I will probably donate the M5 one and upgrade it. :slight_smile:

I drove a 545i and liked it however I like the E39 body style way better so it was ruled out pretty quick. Definitely a really nice car as well.

A4 would be an excellent choice but I would try to squeeze out and S4.

it would be an awfully high mileage or beat car with big maint. costs. I guess I’m not a fan of ballin on a budget.

exactly!

don’t want to deal with issues? then why are you looking at higher mileage used marque cars? why would you not buy a certified low mileage 3 series or a4 or something?

meh, i agree for the most part but i dont wanna drive something old anymore. Ive been driving 10yr+ old cars for almost my whole life. My daughter is young, i need to treat myself while i still can. If i was being iresponsible id go out and by a newer m5.:slight_smile:

Im still gunna look for a 545i however im finding a bunch of s4 b6 in my pricerange too so i will have to do some more research.

x2 or an sti :slight_smile:

while i agree with some of that i wouldnt buy one without a maintanance history. Its been my experience that the higher mileage bmws are the ones with lesser issues since they have already been worked out. But not always obviously.

and like i said before, i realy dislike the e46 body style.