looking for a daily around $10k

I’ve had my eyes on a few different cars, basically, I need to find the car at a dealership because I can’t sell my car out right (no one is looking for a $17k car right now lol)
I would rather just trade my wrx in… basically what i’m looking for is something that is comfortable and some what “sporty” IE: No Buicks,malibu…or pretty much any domestic products.

I’d preffer a warranty, or if the car doesn’t have a warranty, something that doesn’t cost an arm and leg to maintain. I’d like to stay BELOW the $10k mark…nothing above.

What i’ve been looking at so far: VW Mk5 Jetta, mid 2000’s accords…ect.

Any other decent vehicles I should look at? Also, anything you guys have seen at a local dealership?

you think a jetta or accord is sportier than any domestic?

than a comparably equip. domestic?
yes.
I just don’t want a domestic…except maybe a srt-4

Jettas have their share of problems.
Accords are good.

IS300 is solid.

I doubt you will find a 10k car at the dealership with warranty other than the standard lemon law protecting one.

DD the M3… :slight_smile:

lol you change cars like I change underwear. I had a $10k VW once. It was an attention whore. A Honda sounds about right. Maybe an E36 although you’re rolling the dice if you want it to be cheap to maintain. I wonder if you could find a clean VQ30/35 Maxima or Altima with a stick for $10k?

the newer malibus really are nice. i rented one and took it to NYC. it was the 4 banger and def had some kick, handled nice, great fit and finish.

You may be able to pick up an Accord Coupe v6 6 speed.

The newer Impala SS’s are fun

honda civic

buy my srt4 for 10k.

I would think that you could find a nice Maxima in that range.

i’ll even finance you. <3333

You really went there…:uhh: Get a used Vw of your grandfathers lot, a MKV jetta/golf will serve you well.

I can pick up a mk5 jetta for around $10k pre-loved (owned)
which includes bumper to bumper warranty for 2 years, prob longer than i’ll own it.

as for daily-ing the m3, meh, I’m not going to put it through a winter, and I plan to be keeping it off the road for a couple periods of time for some timely-labor upgrades :slight_smile:

I was looking at is-300’s too, but they are all higher mileage…and HARD to find with this combo: cheap/stick/lsd

edit: Beck, I’ll think about it, i’m not too crazy about yellow… plus I found a 05’ srt with 25k for 9.5k.

The biggest thing is getting enough $ for my wrx so I don’t have to drop a few $g’s to pay it off. I may check out superior, they were going to give me 5K more for my truck than westherr would.

then why not take the jetta? Whats wrong?

to bad you need to get it from a dealership, my grand prix is sporty :P, has a transferable warranty, summer and winter tires on their own respective rims :slight_smile:
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66154

basically getting a feel of what else is out there, that I may have over looked.

it’s always better to ask twice and buy once…

FWIW I picked up my 02 legacy from a dealer for $9500 with 60,000 miles. It’s been a nice car, good gas mileage, AWD is great in the winter, comfortable interior. I dunno, it’s certainly nothing special but if you live in Buffalo I wouldn’t look at anything not AWD for a daily.

E46 325i or E39 525i. I <3 my E39 525i as a daily more then the M5.