What car would you buy for $10-15K?

Well my hopes of getting an S2000 have been sidetracked by life.

I’m going be shopping for a new car very soon, and here’s my criteria…

• I have about 10K in cash in my budget. I’d rather not take a loan out. If I did, I’d like to keep it around 15k.

• I’m sick of working on cars. I had an A4, it became a lot to maintain. I want something reasonably reliable. Warranty is HUGE ups.

• I hate FWD but I would rock a pretty “Exclusive” FWD car. ITR, Viggen, etc.

• Needs to be a daily driver. I drive a lot, so snow is a must. I have a truck for backup on the BAD days however. So it can be lenient.

• I hate most german cars. Mention a VW and I’ll pay a mod to have you banned :slight_smile: (p.s. Audis are glorified VWs)

Thanks for your advice!

there was a viggen at pat leary for $14,900…it was red, i drove it. HUGE :tup:

dont know if its still there

WRX
IS300
ITR
Swapped 240 ( dont know about in the winter w/ that one )
300zx tt ( dont know about in the winter w/ that one )
RX7 ( dont know about in the winter w/ that one )
BWM 323/325
BMW e36 M3

328is

4 snows and you’re better off during winter than a fwd on all seasons

Just buy a fucking EG and save yourself the

insurance/payments/gas money/repair bills

I did not like my eg. yea, you can make them fast. but I did not like the road noise for a daily driver

WRX yay

A buddy of mine is selling an 02 Black WRX for $13,000-$14,000. PM me if you’re interested.

agent boost’s turbo 2000 Si :tup:

i would buy an M3

Seeing as this was the exact question I posed to myself in Janurary with the exact same budget, similar needs I’ll just say it:

WRX / 9-3

there was a viggen at pat leary for $14,900…it was red, i drove it. HUGE :tup:

dont know if its still there

Good looks. I want to check the Viggen out a bit more.

WRX
IS300
ITR
Swapped 240 ( dont know about in the winter w/ that one )
300zx tt ( dont know about in the winter w/ that one )
RX7 ( dont know about in the winter w/ that one )
BWM 323/325
BMW e36 M3

Definately STRONGLY looking into WRX. Going to spend the next 20 minutes researching them. IS300s are awesome, you know I have a fetish for em. However, I don’t think I would be happy without boosting it, which is more money then I want to put in a car. The ITR is also something I will look into, however I’d be surprised if I could even find one, let alone one I could afford. 240, HELL no. 300zx, RX7, and the BMWs are a no-go as well. The 300zx and Rx7 are NOT winter cars by any means. Rx7 rotary sucks a D, and the BMWs are not what I am looking for personally.

328is

4 snows and you’re better off during winter than a fwd on all seasons

What’s the moddability like one something like that, out of curiousity?

Just buy a fucking EG and save yourself the

insurance/payments/gas money/repair bills

If I buy a 4000 dollar car, I’ll end up with 6 grand in the bank I’ll spend on stupid shit, half on the damn car and half on myself in other aspects of life.

No turbo Si. No way…not even for a second. Thanks though.

Your buddy have a warranty on the WRX? Ever been modded?

Thanks a ton so far. Hopefully I can get some solid ideas.

i still remember the day when u still had ur a4 and loved it…and u sayed to me and pat at wendys in hamburg and I qoute “wrx’s are fucking gay and slow, they are piles of shit” its funny how you change your mind by what other people say… btw…i would take my new gti any day over my friends 04 sti which he just picked up…cough* tin can on wheels *cough

Greg is selling the teg…but if it falls into the hands of an emo kid…I will fire bomb it

The next german car I own won’t be a VW. I loved my A4, but I don’t anymore. So fuck it. Shit changes. I’ll drive a WRX for a year and buy an S2000 next year if I don’t like it when I straighten some other things out in my life. Or I’ll fall in love with something else. It’s just a car. Yeah, you may take your GTI over an 04 STi…but the 04 STi is a drivers car - it’ll outperform a GTi any day of the week and I’m more interested in that then driving an expensive FWD car. Regardless, my opinions changed. I grew up. I hate having to defend myself against VW owners every time I make a thread like this…jesus. The way I see it in BROAD eyes, I’m sacrificing the looks and interior of my A4 for reliability and moddability of a WRX.

Anyways…

Greg is selling the teg…but if it falls into the hands of an emo kid…I will fire bomb it

Yeah I’d fire bomb an ITR if I saw an emo kid driving it too, being one who only listens to hip-hop I can’t stand the sound of a fucking guitar anymore. Mind giving me some details on the car?

ls1 swapped miata, would suck in the winter though
ls1 swapped FC, again the winters would suck

i second that statement.

To clarifiy, daily driver usually means (to me) that I won’t be swapping motors.

Both are awesome cars when done right, however :slight_smile:

Interga GSR all day. Then save some cash.

If you want affordable to own I would say WRX.
What ever you buy, it needs to be awd and turbo.
If you buy anything less you are just limiting yourself.

If you buy FWD you will regret it, don’t make me say, “I told you so”.:biglaugh: