what to buy for around $15k

I am looking to buy a different car this month and I’m looking for suggestions…

I’m looking for something nice, but mostly fun to drive. MUST be available in a manual transmisison. I will not own an automatic.

I was considering an RX8 but probably won’t because I want something I can drive year round and I don’t want to have to get a winter car too. I am considering a WRX. Who here has one and how do you like it? Are upgrade parts more available yet? Last I looked into it Cobb was the only good place for upgrade accessories.

What do you recommend? I live in Pittsburgh now and its hilly. RWD will probably not be the best in the winter, but I might consider it.

Thanks!

If you do decide to go RWD the IS300 is a fun car and available in manual. Not a great car to mod though unless you turbo it. I’d stay away from the RX8 I’ve never really heard a ton of positive reviews on it. The WRX is always a good car to mod and have fun with and will do well in the snow.

Volvo S60 R

for 15k? where at?

I’d have a hard time spending 15k on a car that I wasn’t in love with.

That being said, a WRX is not nice, is moderately ok to drive, and isn’t an STI. Don’t get one.

Maybe you should get a mazdaspeed6

for 15k?

?

Perhaps they are slightly more expensive than 15k, my mistake.

very newish honda fit?

srt-4 and you could have enough left over for a stage 2 or 3 and blow the doors off of most cars around here.

15k is a weird number to buy at… you end up getting a bunch of cars that go for as cheap as 10k (but you get the best example) or you end up getting the beat example of cars that sell for 20k most of the time…

The WRX, is the most average car ever. Good but not great at anything, but if you want something you can have fun in occasionally, reliable, practical, and will always get you there. It’s a solid car, and they don’t let you down.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/727464219.html

BOXY HOTNESSSS!!!

fly out there, drive it back, sink 3k into paint/body, have an super fun/quick dope ass e30

fly out there, drive it back, sink 3k into paint/body, have an super fun/quick dope ass e30

+1

I was trying to spend more like 15-16k on a car, but ended up spending more in the area of 20

:word: Well, I started thinking $12k. Then doubled it. :fail:

A clean WRX would be a nice $15k buy. Used 3 series would be nice. Audi A4. Some nice loaded used Honda like an Accord coupe or RSX…

That’s funny because my stock wrx was beating up on quite a bit of cars at track day.

You can find a decent wrx for around 12K now and throw a few grand of mods on it and have a really fun car.