10-15 grand?

In about 2 months, the cobalt will be payed off. Its an 06 w\ 11k miles on it atm, im not looking to trade in so i figure i can still outright sell it decently.

I will have about $10-15k to spend on a new car. Im torn between alot of options. I want speed, but it dosent have to be balls out fast, and i also want luxury. Im doing ym homework on ALOT of dirrerent cars that ive been interested in. Ive prob signed up to so many forums this past week i lost track.

My ideas were ranging from WS6 TA,Camaro, 300zx tt, 350Z (possibly lease, wont find a decent used one for under 19k minimum), BMW z3 and M3, S2000, RX7, RX8, and GTO. Also a niiiice fox body mustang wouldn’t be anywhere out of my realm of possibilities. Id like to check out leasing on the Sky redline, but at a base of 30k, even a lease would probably be expensive for me, same as the 350z =/.

As I’m researching and doing ym homework, I know alot of guys and gals here on the board have had many of these cars at once or at least at one time and can do a good comparison. If ya have the time, can anyone possibly shoot me some of the pro’s and cons of any of the vehicles here based on your personal expierance?

Thanks guys, im swamped w\ reading and homework here as it is, so a lil first hand knowledge is much appreciated :smiley:

wrx?

thought about it, but id be really inclined to find an STI, and in that price range i dunno =/

will this be a daily driver?

My vote goes to the s2000 from your list. But I’m also partial to BMWs if its going to be a daily driver so e36 m3 is worth looking into as well.

You won’t find an STI for 15K.

What you could do instead, is buy my WRX.

I can’t be the only one who chuckled a bit when I read “i also want luxury” and then “fox body mustang” in the same sequence.

[quote=“jhenty,post:4,topic:29531"”]

will this be a daily driver?

My vote goes to the s2000 from your list.

[/quote]

In Buffalo?:bloated: Unless you’re gonna get a winter car too…

Spend $15k on a 1.8T A4 plus a few turbo system upgrades and you’ll have a nice looking comfy luxurious AWD DD that’s got no problem getting out of its own way.

S4, IS300, Honda Accord, RX7(fd), m3(e30)

[quote=“SI01,post:5,topic:29531"”]

What you could do instead, is buy my WRX.

I can’t be the only one who chuckled a bit when I read “i also want luxury” and then “fox body mustang” in the same sequence.

[/quote]

heh yea i agree, thats why i kidna put it as not out of the realm of possibilities. Ive wanted one for a lonnnng time now. Luxury, not exactly, but a nice clean leather interior would make me happy w\ a 5.0

i think a nice B5 s4 would make you happy… if you like turbos… x2

Jeebus man…10-15K will get you one hell of a nice 300ZX tt…and give you plenty of money to make it pretty quick and at the same time keep it relatively reliable… :tup:

[quote=“SI01,post:5,topic:29531"”]

[/quote]

northtown DID have a silver one and they have them their occasionally for 24 K used with low miles

so take your 10 to 15 and you will get an STi for 15K
:gotme:

if you woulda got that silver one they had for
=14,995
that would have been your 15K STi right there

you dont want an s4

Nothing but good things to say on both the luxury and speed aspects of the GTO, only reason nobody mentioned it is because there’s a pontiac nameplate on it, even though it’s an import. 04’s are going for in the teens now, check one out.
Fastest car on your list except for an f-body, which /= luxury, and most likely the nicest inside except for the M3.

what about winter driveability in the gto

RWD is fine in the winter if you’re not an assclown about it. The TC is really agressive about wheelspin. If worst comes to worst get snow tires and a sandbag in the trunk. I drove mine with no weight and bald all seasons and never had a problem or even a close call.

thanks for all the input so far guys :smiley:
and reason behind these options? pros or cons?
Also winter wont be a factor, this is going to be a summer\spring DD - Ive got a winter beater so that wont me an issue :smiley:

DEFINATELY an S2000, based on your list.

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:12,topic:29531"”]

if you woulda got that silver one they had for
=14,995
that would have been your 15K STi right there

[/quote]

and $25,000 - $25000 = $0

but that doesnt matter either, because Boosted3g is asking for cars that arent more then 15k INCLUDING the value of his trade in

a $25,000 car is not what he asked for

GTO