10-15 grand?

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:19,topic:29531"”]

and $25,000 - $25000 = $0

but that doesnt matter either, because Boosted3g is asking for cars that arent more then 15k INCLUDING the value of his trade in

a $25,000 car is not what he asked for

[/quote]

Yeap, well sorta. I do not want to go thru a dealership at all unless it was for a lease or if i cant sell the cobalt, but at this point, i dont see that being an issue. ive still got till about mid july to go anyways before i can do anything.

After the homework thus far, a GTO would be a top choice but from various gto forum boards, even the 04’s seem to be goin for low 20k, which is understandable. The 300zx Ive found some nice ones, but again thats a car i’d have to learn inside and out being marginally old and higher performance, and most are higher mileage.

Edit* I liked DoS car, saw ti when i was at localnet, very clean, Im also interested in those. And any reason why to rule out the audi’s audios? My buddy had one, a 2.8 quattro w\ over 150K miles on it and it was stillll bulletproof.

The S2k is also up on the list, I’m currently reading up on them now, and how mod friendly and such they are. I <3 2 seaters, which brings me to the top choice IFFFFF i can even find one, the 350z…but id be harrd pressed to find on in that range that isnt a lease (if i can even lease @ that price)

[quote=“Boosted3g,post:21,topic:29531"”]

And any reason why to rule out the audi’s audios? My buddy had one, a 2.8 quattro w\ over 150K miles on it and it was stillll bulletproof.

[/quote]

because if you buy one i will kick you in the shins

and because audios will kick me in the shins if i ask anymore audi questions

and then audios’s dad will kick HIM in the shins when i head to the hospital on company time to get my shins x-rayed

very bad situation :slight_smile:

I’m a fan of fox body mustangs, and for $11k you can find one in really nice condition with quite a bit of work done to it. Not exactly “luxury” but they can still be a very comfortable ride if done properly.

Yeap, well sorta. I do not want to go thru a dealership at all unless it was for a lease or if i cant sell the cobalt, but at this point, i dont see that being an issue. ive still got till about mid july to go anyways before i can do anything.

After the homework thus far, a GTO would be a top choice but from various gto forum boards, even the 04’s seem to be goin for low 20k, which is understandable. The 300zx Ive found some nice ones, but again thats a car i’d have to learn inside and out being marginally old and higher performance, and most are higher mileage.

Edit* I liked DoS car, saw ti when i was at localnet, very clean, Im also interested in those. And any reason why to rule out the audi’s audios? My buddy had one, a 2.8 quattro w\ over 150K miles on it and it was stillll bulletproof.

The S2k is also up on the list, I’m currently reading up on them now, and how mod friendly and such they are. I <3 2 seaters, which brings me to the top choice IFFFFF i can even find one, the 350z…but id be harrd pressed to find on in that range that isnt a lease (if i can even lease @ that price)

[/quote]

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
The 04’s on there go in the 15-19k range. There’s even one with 125000 or so miles for $13750 with a monaro conversion

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:12,topic:29531"”]

northtown DID have a silver one and they have them their occasionally for 24 K used with low miles

so take your 10 to 15 and you will get an STi for 15K
:gotme:

if you woulda got that silver one they had for
=14,995
that would have been your 15K STi right there

[/quote]

WTF are you talking about?

He wants to BUY A CAR for 15K, not finance 15K.

gto or wrx
i would go with the wrx because awd > * for year round fun

A $15K s2000 is not going to be an S2000 you want to buy.

You can get a 04 Saab 2.0T with a 4 year/50k factory warranty for under 15

And any reason why to rule out the audi’s audios? My buddy had one, a 2.8 quattro w\ over 150K miles on it and it was stillll bulletproof.

[/quote]

audi ok

s4 not ok :slight_smile:

i mean it in the nicest way possible. if you find one for a good price (not hard right now) go for it. i am just trying to keep my car somewhat rare around here. if you get one, get silver :tup: best and fastest s4 color

ok seriously there are woes when going with an s4. they arent grenades like everyone says they are, but then again they arent foolproof either. for the money they cost, the mods you have to buy to make them sporty vs how heavy they are, combined with insurance and abundance of bells and whistles (luxury comes with probs) you might be better off going with a different car (not german unless it is tdi)

its what i should have done, but i had what was called “an obssesion” with s4’s i just had to get one :shrug:

I bought my 300zx for 10k with all kinds of mods. i daily drove it for an entire year with no problems at all. 400whp all day, 80k miles, but has a salvaged title. oh wells.

As far as comfort and speed, the car has it in every way i wanted for a 2 seater. Working on it is a bit frustrating, but with patience and a 2nd car to drive when theres downtime, its really not a bad car to have / mod. I enjoy every bit of it.

The stock motor can hold quite a bit of power, and mods can be found just about anywhere for decent prices. With minimal work, you can be looking at 12s and 11s are very attainable with decent $ invested into one. Legend has it that ‘Realdeal’ ran 11’s on stock turbos and slicks :slight_smile:

thats my 2 cents

wow you did steal that z

[quote=“Daddie,post:27,topic:29531"”]

[/quote]

yupp…

ATM im lookin at a few 03 three-fifty Z’s in the 40k mile range that are very clean within price range. Also have been lookin for thos GTOs, and granted im not offically looking till late july, many of the ones I’ve seen within price range are quite far away. 4 in cali, one in portland…

Also I wanna go to dealerships and see if i can test drive some of these cars too. Lots of work to doooo…

i got a 2003 z with 44k for 15.5k, i’m sure you could find a similar deal if you look hard enough

buy my civic

[quote=“Daddie,post:27,topic:29531"”]

[/quote]

this is true for most, but 15k will buy you a very nice low millage s2k at auction I’m not talking ebay here

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:29531"”]

Spend $15k on a 1.8T A4 plus a few turbo system upgrades and you’ll have a nice looking comfy luxurious AWD DD that’s got no problem getting out of its own way.

[/quote]

ew e36 328is hread

[quote=“Joe,post:24,topic:29531"”]

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
The 04’s on there go in the 15-19k range. There’s even one with 125000 or so miles for $13750 with a monaro conversion

[/quote]

Last I knew Grucho was as 109K on his yellow Monaro converted GTO. Yeah, kinda of hard to beat an 04 GTO for what, 18K. Just make sure you look to see if the strut rub issue has been corrected, along with the strut bushings. My 06 with 17’s has not had the strut rub issue in the 7K miles I’ve had it for. If you interested in a GTO, I’d head over to ls1gto.com, that site is a GREAT resource for the 04-06 GTO’s.

[quote=“94wvwglxvr6,post:36,topic:29531"”]

ewe36 328is hread

[/quote]

:rofl: And then he’ll have $7k left for mods.

[quote=“Boosted3g,post:32,topic:29531"”]

yupp…

Also have been lookin for thos GTOs, and granted im not offically looking till late july, many of the ones I’ve seen within price range are quite far away. 4 in cali, one in portland…

Also I wanna go to dealerships and see if i can test drive some of these cars too. Lots of work to doooo…

[/quote]

There is a yellow one at Peter Kay in Hamburg, on the corner of South Park and Southwestern Blvd. Go test drive that one to see if you like it. However, I’d buy one from the South or the West. Just going by at 50mph you can see how the caliper and brackets are all powdery and corroded from the road salt. Don’t forget that with the CRAZY deals and leases some people got on the 04 GTO’s, a decent amount were driven year round. Also, what they want for that one is high given the condition, it looks like they did not wash it before they put it on the lot and the wheels were FILTHY

[quote=“BikerFry,post:38,topic:29531"”]

:rofl: And then he’ll have $7k left for mods.

[/quote]

exactly, or a vacation or a dp on a house, ect…or he can b00st it. whatever floats his boat. all I know is if\when I go back to school and finally get a “real job” I’m def going to dd an e36.