Suggestions on a daily driver....

Sup gen auto crew. My sister is looking for a new daily and she is an experiened driver (have driven RWD most of her life) and she wants a new whip. she originally wants an M3 but im trying to steer her away because im going to want to give her some serious power to work with, tuning . bolt ons ECT. she wants a FUN car that can back it up. looking for some suggestions for a nice powerful daily preferred AWD. BESIDES the obvious below…

Volvo s60r
sti/wrx
audi s4(preferred) or a4 (pros/cons?)
she is thinking mini coop S but obviously its FWD

so just wondering if you guys had any other ideas i can throw at her.:meh:

edit looking to spend 15-20kedit

get a cooperS

I can’t believe you would consider a S60R/S4/A4 over a M3 are you crazy?!

A mint 5 speed E36 M3 can be had for 10K or 20K or a E46 M3.

S60R is a slow non-responsive fat pig that looks sexy.

S4/A4 are for people trying to ball on a budget, plus good luck fixing them every other weekend.

WRX/STI would be a good choice, as they have many mods and are pretty reliable and well handling. Plus the AWD is great.

20K is also getting into GTO/G8 territory. You want power? LSx has a little of that.

Coopers are great handling fun little cars. Get a Cooperworks car.

G8 GT. She can go brand new with more power and the same luxury level for not much more than an old ass euro.

she hates the look of the g8 gt and she drove one and wasnt impressed (idk) maybe because it needs mods to “feel” fast. That is what she said. We both know it puts up numbers but she just said it doesnt feel fast. Plus the cost of a brake job on a GTO is rediculous $600 an axel in parts alone…(price at my dealership)

The m3 is a first choice but she is going to drive it in the winter… and i just dont feel right having her rust out an m3. it doesn’t settle well with me for some reason. But i am trying to get her to keep her current dd. (saturn Ion, she got for cheap and gas mileage)

what’s the difference between “rusting out” a $20k M3 vs a $20k STi?

i wouldn’t feel bad on the sti. i have a soft spot for m3’s m5’s but not base 3’s and 5’s.
but she definitly wants an M vs base. asthetics, power. ect.

If you guys are worried about maintenance costs on a GTO she should not own an M anything. Just ask cougarspeed.

Sure you are not the girl here?

You sound like an idiot. Just because you feel bad(for no reason at all), doesn’t mean you should encourage her to NOT get what she really wants.

wow, you can blow me. All im asking here is suggestions for a range of cars for her to test drive to get the car she feels is the best for her needs.

AND im not swaying her opinion at ALL i just said maybe she should try some others as well to make sure its what she wants. SOOO she said give me a list to try.

the GTO/ G8’s are bland in styling in her opinion. even though the drivetrain/body are tried and true. The g8 is indeed way sexier in styling.

is she single? a/s/l

Can she drive 6 speed? CTS-V?

:word:

You can find a great condition E46/E39 M car for 20K and under all day. I wouldn’t worry about any rust, many people daily them in the winter and have had no signs of rust. But As mentioned if your worried about the maint. costs on a GTO and M car wouldn’t be the way to go. And neither would any performance car for that matter IMO. My vote is for a base E46 328. There cheap, well built, quite reliable, and pretty fun to drive.

WOW and a stock M car screams “look at me” ???

word…never thought of a v…ill throw that in the mix.

yea shes single, 28 and moving from medina to lancasterish area

2005 GTO

Front brake pads $31
Front Rotors $54 each
Rear brake pads $21
Rear brake rotors $105 each

I see $350 for the entire car man.

Buy an M3/GTO and rock it all winter, it is a car who gives a shit. If you are that worried have her rock the satty.

Oh do you have any nudes?

I never said that that is a quote from her. I personally like the looks of the G8. For some reason she likes the style of the m.

As do I. But for the reason that it is a very understated looking car. (see title) Its a bit silly to say the GTO is bland and then buy an E39 5 series haha

WTF are you fucking sick? ITS MY SISTER why the fuck would i have nudes. maybe you have pics of you sis nude, but that is just fucked up.

And the prices i got were from oem gm. i didnt even check aftermarket.This said, she is still ho-hum on styling.

i would have her rock the ion, but she doesnt want to keep it eventhough there is nothing wrong with it. Im thinking re-sale rusty mileage vs clean mileage.

toyota celica GTS… they look REALLY fast. or maybe one of those turbo hyundais with the ugly side windows.