yes another new daily driver suggestions/comments/thoughts thread...

So i have the m3 “sold” as of today and now we are just waiting on finding the replacement car for myself. now normally i could give a shit what most of you have to say but im open to suggestion at this point cause i figure it wouldnt hurt to keep an open mind.

ive been looking in the range up to 12k but would ideally like to keep it under 11k…

basically i am looking for a good looking reliable vehicle that has an appealing interior in terms of asthetics since that is what i see and surround myself with 100% of the time in the car, power is not so much a concern. i would also prefer it to be half way decent on fuel but that should go without saying.

i should also go out on a limb here and say i really dont like the feel/look of most japanese vehicles enough to consider them for a daily.

so my current thoughts…

mk1 audi TT (must be a 6spd 225)[interior size isnt an issue for me, when bigE had his i fit fine and loved driving it]
b6 a4 ultrasport (yes it has to be a usp)
volvo s60r (must be a 6spd)
mk5 gti (must be a 6spd w/cloth)
mk5 rabbit (not very plush but i think they are a blast to drive and i can pick up a certified one with <30k thats within my budget)
04/05 acura tl (this is on here for jam but i would have to get some drive time before i could commit to it)
mazdaspeed 6 (this is on here for the sudden influx of mazda humpers but again i would need to drive one a bit before committing)
saabaru 9-2x aero
saab 9-3 viggen
mercedes benz c32 amg
mercedes benz c230 kompressor sport sedan (prefer the 6spd)
lexus is300 (must be 5spd)

here are some of the vehicles im looking at for example…

2005 Acura TL 3.2, $11,995 - Cars.com

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S, $10,872 - Cars.com

2006 Volkswagen GTI, $10,801 - Cars.com

Cars for Sale: 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Sedan quattro AWD in Avenel, NJ 07001: Sedan Details - 289418671 - AutoTrader.com

2003 Audi TT quattro, $11,995 - Cars.com

Cars for Sale: 2004 Volvo S60 R AWD in STROUDSBURG, PA 18360: Sedan Details - 289888651 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero in Bedford, OH 44146: Hatchback Details - 292546574 - AutoTrader.com
Cars for Sale: 2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen in Milwaukee, WI 53222: Hatchback Details - 289257090 - AutoTrader.com
Cars for Sale: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG Sedan in Huntersville, NC 28078: Sedan Details - 292022083 - AutoTrader.com
Cars for Sale: 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan in Alexandria, VA 22304: Sedan Details - 289862150 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2003 Lexus IS 300 in West Chester, PA 19382: Sedan Details - 291630440 - AutoTrader.com
Cars for Sale: 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED6 in Wall, NJ 07727: Sedan Details - 291338424 - AutoTrader.com

AND YES I MUST BE CRAZY TO EVEN BE LOOKING AT THIS…

2001 Audi S4 quattro, $10,500 - Cars.com

I like these ideas:
TT
A4 USP
C230 (didnt know you could get a 6sp on this car, always thought they were all auto).

The Mercedes Kompressor, do it.

I would replace the mazdaspeed6 with mazdaspeed3. The mazdaspeed3 is better in every way, and with snow tires, they do really well in the winter.

The Saab is just a stupid GM car…pas on it

TT most unique car on the list.

Seems like now that most of us are stuck inside we’re all itching for new rides. LOL

X…

From experience I can tell you the S60 R is an absolutely awesome car. Mine was obv. a 6-speed too. I sold mine only to free up some monies, but otherwise, I loved it. A really terrific car…would love to get another some day.

lol it’s true…I almost went car shopping on saturday!

I see that you have C32 AMG on your list. Any thoughts on a C43? Needs some simple repairs, but I wouldn’t mind dumping mine now to find something different in the summer. 99 w/136k but would sell for sub $5k. /shameless plug

The C32 AMG is way better then a C43 lol.

I’d probably go with the Audi TT, C32 AMG, then 9-2x.

The S60r was my dream car until I drove one. The C230 is fun but leaves you begging for more. The TL and Saabs are both really nice, but don’t expect anything too stellar from them. IS300 is blah. I’ve never owned an audi but the insides of the ones I’ve been in are nice. Never owned or been in a newer VW, can’t say I’d want to. The Mazdaspeeds look great on paper, I wouldn’t mind driving one.

Yeah…I’m an idiot haha. I thought it said C36 AMG. I then thought…“Hmmm that seems out of place but sort of in line with the car he got rid of.” My bad.

TT dooo itttt! Not that I’m biased or anything.

I love the S60R though, GF has an S60 and it’s super comfy.

this is uncharted territory for me which is why im somewhat weary to just jump right in…

i didnt choose the ms3 just cause i really dont care for the wagon-esque styling of the car, not to mention the saab viggen is not gm made and the 9-2x is basically just a wrx

ha yeah i just bought the wrong style car this summer for what im looking for and just realizing it as of late

any problems with the awd grenading? how many miles did your s60r have? also who the hell works on volvos around here…?

so right now im leaning tward my top 3 as…

1. a4 usp
  2. mk1 tt
  3. mk5 gti

Would you be getting some kind of warranty with said cars?

why do no fucking mercedes ever have fold down rear seats?

I’ve thought about w210 e55 amg’s, w140’s, c36 amg’s

but I can’t get any of them

because none of them have fold down rear seats. which is a requirement to me in a sedan.

bastards

Do NOT buy a mazda speed 6. IDC what any leg humper is telling you I’d be scared to buy a car that grenades its motor on anything over stock.

I know your looking to DD something but in that case your better off going for luxury or gas mileage (Or both!) and the speed6 is neither.

I <3 my mercedes and it seems as solid as a rock. It’s big baller shit too sooooo plush.

nope

I know this is going to sound crazy, bear with me.

Chrysler Crossfire.

It’s the same size deal as a TT.

However if you get the SRT-6 version it looks baller as shit and makes 330 horse stock. The parts will be a ton cheaper and you can pick up a 2005 for 14k all day long (Less if your a bargain hunter)

It’s mechanically the same thing as a c55 AMG.

Not one problem in a year of ownership. Had 130K miles when I got it, sold it with just over 140K. The car was incredible…

no e46 love?

LOL @ suggesting a Chrysler crossfire