Decent place to buy tires with good prices?

Hey guys, I need 2 205/55/16 tires for my Cavy (last set saw too much track time :doh: ). I want to try to find a place I can get them the cheapest as the new set will see no track time and will only be used for summer. You guys recommend any places?

thanks

do you want cheap or good. if you want cheap, goto import export and ask for wynstars. they may have to order them, but they should be less than 50 bucks each. if you want good/cheap try a cooper. they sell them at import export also.

You’re in Charleroi, how about Marsh Tire?

thats where i get my tires.there pretty cheap there

http://www.tirerack.com

the tire rack is not cheap. by the time the tires are shipped here and you pay to have them put on, it the same or more than if you just go to a local shop and get them.

i used to buy a lot of tires from Kevin. He always had the cheapest prices. Just be careful pulling into there as it is always a nuthouse!!

I personally hate tirerack. People don’t realize that it almost always ends up costing more unless you own a tire machine then you have the hassle of getting rid of the old tires afterwards.

naylor wheel and tire in belle vernon…
http://www.naylortire.com/

Valley tire in charleroi isnt bad

But SAMS club is cheap + free rotations for the life of the tire

if you want cheap…Carl @ carls auto rebuilding service in Valancia ownz all

I called Naylor’s in Belle Vernon—they have a set for $55 each, which is cheaper than anyone else, including Marsh–although I may call him again tomorrow to see if he has anything else in (last time I called was like 2 weeks ago).

Where is Import Export?

thanks guys

there are a few aroun. latrobe, new stanton, irwin, and a few others i don’t know about. i bet the wynstars are less than 50 bucks. and the coopers i looked at were around 55bucks for the same size you need. they also have decent recaps for 24.99 each.

well, I ended up going to Naylor’s. He had the best price–got 2 tires for $55 a piece, and they even cleaned the crap out of the inside of the wheels that I couldn’t get out (I had a hole in my CV boot last year–warranty repair—but the grease was caked in there). I got some generic brand, but like I said, these won’t see any track time. They had a better treadwear rating than my Goodyear Eagle RS-A’s that came stock, and a better tread pattern.

thanks for the info guys

Don’t forget that you can’t really compare treadwear ratings between different brands of tire. A 400 Goodyear can be different than say a 400 Cooper. Never liked the RSAs anyway and if you got a good deal then :bigthumb:

I wholesale from tirerack, so i could get you a little bit more off if there is something in there you want. Letmeknow

Speaking of tires, any of you guys no where you can get used tires. My friend is looking for 1 tire. The size is 215/35/18. I Know that highland tires sometimes has some extra stuff laying around. He called there but they didnt have anything in his size. Any help would be great

pittsburgh is full of good hillsides to throw them over. :burnout:

Speaking of tires, any of you guys no where you can get used tires. My friend is looking for 1 tire. The size is 215/35/18. I Know that highland tires sometimes has some extra stuff laying around. He called there but they didnt have anything in his size. Any help would be great

Yea i am looking for 4 of those same size tires my self cheapest i found was 120 each

The last time i bought tires i got them from states tire in mckeesport. I beleive for Nankang (215/35/18) they were $107 a piece. They’ve pretty good prices there. Only bad thing about states is that they scratched one of my wheels pretty badly and denied it. I’ve not gone their since.