Decided enough was enough...

I love the TL, great car there.

I need to find someone with a garage today so I can try to refinish my headlights. if anyone can assist, it would be great so I don’t have to do it the rain.

Its a J32A3. Type-S gets the J32A2.

Just got back from the car wash. I refinished the headlights, somewhat. I bought a $12 RainX kit that actually worked pretty good, but they still look like shit up close. I cleaned/conditioned the leather and finished the detail that West Herr didn’t do because they suck big donkey balls.

You can kinda see what the headlight looks like before. I forgot to take before shots, but you can probably get an idea.

After:

My next plan is to have the front bumper repainted by a guy I work with. It also looks like shit and then the whole car will get a detail.

What year is it? I’ve always liked the looks of these, just wished they were RWD. I’m guessing it’s a lot of highway miles from the fact that it looks in really good shape other than the front end that would get beat up by highway rock chips.

Its a 2004 and yes it is mostly highway miles. This was a car used for traveling by someone, but obviously adult owned since the interior is all still intact and the leather is is really good shape.

I’d be much less concerned buying a 100k TL than a lot of other cars. I’ve seen a lot of TL’s around here and never once saw someone beating on one. Their typical demographic just doesn’t drive like that.

Your exactly right, not many kids go out and buy a $40,000 car just to beat on it. They go buy a 1996 Honda civic and drop a B18 into it. It drives like a dream, but I am def going to be doing the brakes soon. The fronts looks good, but the backs are shot. I’m surprised they passed them, but again, I beat the numbers out of them before the sale and I will work on them myself.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Also what I found funny was that after shopping for 2 days straight and hitting almost every major dealer in the area, I test drove a 2005 Mazda 3, a 2004 Subaru Impreza, and this. Of all the salesman I dealt with, not one has called me since I left their dealership and this was a week ago. Being in sales myself, this just blows my mind. Maybe they thought a kid my age couldn’t afford the cars I was looking at???

People beat the shit out of nice cars too. Evo’s, STi’s, M-series BMW’s etc… All cars I’d be really concerned about used because the typical buyer is buying them to drive hard. 2004 TL with 100k I’m picturing pretty well off sales/marketing guy who spends a ton of time behind the wheel but probably not racing.

I looked at them a little online yesterday, seem like nice comfy cars, are the drivetrains in these cars Honda and known to be very reliable? I have my gay thread and all, figured I’d ask because I also was interested in these. You can get them with a 6spd too I noticed.

The tsx came with the k24, its a smaller model.

My average mpg today was around 28. Still running on a bad O2 sensor, plus the dealership probably used regular unleaded. Thank god they only gave me just under a half tank and I burned that off already. Just filled it up with Premium so it should run better. Keep in mind, if you buy a car like this, you must run premium in it.

Yeah i fill mine up with 93, its $57 to fill it

Did you drive any city miles yet, just wondering since it still is saying 28mpg which is good.

nice upgrade

Thought I would share mine. Do you plan on any mods to it rims, suspension,etc.? I think i might get some rims this summer even though its a family car.

I was thinking some rims, but I don’t want to invest a whole ton of money into it either. I’m trying to buy a house by the end of the year. My thoughts were maybe a cold air intake, rims and maybe an exhaust, but who knows! I would love to lower it, but it is my daily and I would much rather leave it alone.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

how many miles are on yours?

Mine had 68k on it when i bought it in november, has 72k on it now. I wanted my payments to be under $200 a month I got them down from $12,968 to $12,000 my payment is $201 a month. Im happy with it.

Good deal. I think the reason this was priced the way it was is the fact it is black on black leather. It is a sharp looking car. I’m not a big fan of the tan leather, but it looks good! :tup:

They are nice. My mom has one. (No, that’s not an insult.)

Be careful to clean the A/C drain line - it runs above the passenger side footwell, and coincidentally, the ECU happens to be around there too. Shit got clogged, started leaking on the ECU, thing went haywire. Apparently this happens a lot.

Brakes are weak. Look into getting at least some better pads and rotors at some point in time.

This thing is a one wheel peel machine.

Anti-Lock is crazy touchy on this car.

Transmission is stupid, but if you don’t beat on it, it’s totally fine. It like to hunt for gears on a steep grade on the highway.

Steering is a little on the light side, but for a daily it’s perfectly fine.

Suspension is a little soft, and now that it has 7 years on it, it’s probably a lot softer. Just personal preference anyway.

Nice pickup. (As in, getting the TL, not your old truck, lol.)