Decided enough was enough...

I liked your truck better :stuck_out_tongue:

Your new whip is a decent looking car though,glad to hear you are happy with it.

I want one now lol

I almost didnt buy it because of the color and interior but after thinking about it I tarted to love it and bought it. Its very european-ish. Also mine does not have Navi, looking into getting the factory setup though. I already researched the shit out of it and it might be on the list of things to do, not so much for me but for resale.

Agree with everything you mentioned, I didnt know about the drain line though. I will have to read into that, good info.

I was thinking about paying this off and putting a down payment on a brandnew one. I love the way the new ones look and it would be awd.

Thanks for the advice :tup: I have plans in the near future for pads and rotors. would you recommend a certain brand?

I know its tough to see here, but should this have passed on NYS inspection? I donā€™t think so, but I am getting a 2nd opinion tomorrow unless someone else wants to do the inspection for. Isnā€™t the owner of Elma Automotive on here?

whatā€™s with people posting up pictures of money like theyā€™re big ballers?

nice purchase

Iā€™m not big baller. Pictures make for a good read and thatā€™s all that was intended with it.

PsychoPjv is the owner of Elma automotive.

Make sure that you keep up on the headlights. They will need to be waxed or sealed often if you did any sanding on them. Wetsanding will remove the factory uv coating to causing them to yellow quicker now. They noticeably look alot better.

TLā€™s are sharp cars. They ride very well and are suprisingly peppy.

Thanks for the advice Vapor, I maintain my cars like crazy. I used to detail at a Cadillac dealership so I learned how to detail from some good guy. I just donā€™t have the time/tools to do the job. I will be contacting you once I get the bumper painted. Iā€™m going to be getting that done soon hopefully.

nice pick up, I would personally have gone 6 speed navi all day

6 speeds come with brembos and an lsd, not to mention there are a lot of auto tranny problems. If my drive a4 to 220k+ plan works out and i still want one of these I should be able to ball out with a low miles 08 type s

I can live with the auto tho. Iā€™m more concerned about the brakes at this point. They shouldnā€™t have passed the brakes on the rear driverā€™s side. There is clearly a brake pad not seating properly on the rotor. My bets would be on the caliper being shot. I scheduled an appointment at tonyā€™s roadside to have a 2nd inspection done on it so when I go to the dealer on monday I can show them that it shouldnā€™t have passed.

Note to self, stay away from West Herr. That rear brake is ridiculous.

seriously. Iā€™m pissed about it and I am going to make sure someone knows about it. I just left Tonyā€™s roadside on bullis and had Larry do a free inspection for me and he said the caliper is shot. The pistons need to either be lubed/replaced. I have a feeling I am going to get fucked though and end up doing it myself.

Check engine light is throwing 2 codes for the same O2 sensor.

Did you see my short post about West Herr in the Basil $2500 trade in thread?

Basically I bought a used GMC Jimmy through West Herr (maybe GM was a mistake in itselfā€¦LOL). :wink:
It was a lemon from the beginning. I literally had no heat in the middle of winter. They tried 3 different times to fix the issue and during the last try I requested to be allowed to move to a different vehicle. They let me test drive other cars and when I decided on one they tried to offer me trade in value on the few Jimmy. I snapped. TBH I was almost ready to pick it up from service and drive the MF through their front window, abandon loan payments and leave it with them.

At one point I believe during the 2nd repair, the General Manager began to to berate me as I was voicing my displeasure and he likened my $20k vehicle problems to a bad VCR he bought from Rosaā€™s. I emailed the VP including the VCR comments and he never gave me the courtesy of a reply. Seems he did relay to the GM to fix the car and on the 3rd try it ended up resolved and I was stuck with the lemon and a $100 Boston Hotel gift certificate for my hassle. Gee thanks. Oh yeah and I had to argue to get a rental on the 3rd repair (first 2 was provided no loaner). I returned the loaner on E and they charged my card for gas which I fought and got them to reverse the charge. I guess in shortā€¦NEVER buy from West Herr IMO. LOL

/Rant

Bought my TL from them before i picked it up they inspected it and replaced all the rotors/pads and new map sensor. The next day the brakes were squeeling and I called for them to fix it. When the guy who sold me the car told me if anything is wrong in 30 days or so that I would get a loaner if they had to fix it. Well when i dropped off the car they tried to not give me a rental and I snapped. Had to argue with the head service dept. guy and eventually he gave in. So the next day when I picked up the car they said it was all fixed, i looked at the lug nuts and they didnt even take the rims off, they just sprayed brake cleaner on it. It started to squeal again the next day, I knew it would I just didnt even feel like dealing with them assholes so i never went back again. Make sure if they do fix it its done right, and they will use the cheapest brake parts they can find.

Not to be a dick but Cappellino sent me a little basket of cookies and a thank you card about a week after I bought my Murano. :slight_smile:

For one of my purchases Basilā€™s sent me a coffee mug with cookies on sucker sticks. I guess the bottom line is West Herr are unappreciative asshats and many other dealers are appreciative of your business. :slight_smile:

Well being a former employee of West Herr I knew this first hand. Iā€™m not too upset because I got them to discount the car upfront so i can recoup my losses on my own with better quality parts. I almost would rather do that than argue and get shitty pads/rotors.

Not to be a dickā€¦just curiousā€¦if you knew of their poor service/practices why did you buy there? And why even post acting surprised they pulled their shit, again knowing what shizas they are?
Anywhoo looks like you already have the best idea to save yourself a headacheā€¦DIY. :slight_smile: