Decided enough was enough...

Well they had the car I wanted. I knew they weren’t going to be the best but I knew the car was in good enough shape that I didn’t think much could go wrong. It really isn’t too bad, but just a pain in the ass ya know?

sent you a pm dude

weird, when i had issues with the car my gf bought from west herr honda, jays and lz said it was MY FAULT and i should have gone and looked at it first!!!

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?82234-Dealers-(West-Herr-Honda)-are-shady-(long-read)

other than west herr honda being shady, the car has been super great. just sent it to spam16v for the 90k mile maintenance a few months ago, it’ll be rolling 100k this week

Worn tires that you can clearly see is a bit different than a brake rotor that you don’t really see without pulling a wheel.

ya, i get it, youre never wrong, ever

it shouldnt have been sold like that, one email to the head of west herr and bam all 4 brand new tires. like i said before, if i was there i would have said something but i was stricken with scarlett fever. shes a girl, she doesnt know this shit

also, the squeak turned out to be rear swaybar bushings and links, spam fixed em up good as new

Well I know exactly what they will tell me…they will say NYS inspection rules only require them to pull one front wheel, if it looks good they don’t have to go any further.

Gotcha…sounds like you got a good price on a car you like other than some small BS.
And thanks for taking my post the way it was meant and not trying like I was tryin to shit on ya. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Nice. Shoulda had you write my letter I guess. It sounds like results like yours aren’t common with the Herr group though. 8/
How’d you word things?
Anyhow, back on topic…sorry to derail.

Not often, but it happens, just not here. I just looked at your thread and noticed I also said it was shitty that they sold it with tires that didn’t even hold air. But what ever, just chalk it up to some more anger you seem to be holding on to over some comment on the internet over a year ago. lol

I am going to give the guys at the dealership another shot to make it right. I’m generous enough to do that. If they still don’t do it right, then I will pursue someone higher up. I know being an asshole doesn’t get anyone anywhere when it comes to trying to get things done. Sometimes you have to be, but when/if that time comes I will handle it accordingly.

IIRC don’t you have a boat? If so what do you plan to tow it with now?

if you want a set of decent brakes cheap, check these out. a paid $205 for all 4 brakes and rotors on my mustang. I did alot of research on them before i bought. Shipping was als great, took like 3 days to get.
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/brakemotive76/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

I don’t really remember to be honest. I can fund it in my outbox maybe if you’re that interested haha

I’m pretty heated bro

I do have a boat. The plans are to either dock it or use my brothers 2008 Silverado. My dad also has a truck in his fleet of vehicles.

Looking through there, I couldn’t find the parts for my car. Maybe I just missed them?

So I ordered drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads for the front and rear today. Hopefully I will get to put them on next week if the weather cooperates. I just dropped the car off at the dealer tonight to have the check engine light cleared and Im hoping they will take care of the caliper situation for me.

Alright, this is getting ugly very fast. I just got off the phone with some girl from the dealership and she is telling me that a check engine light is not covered under my 30 day warranty because it was a value car. I know they cleared the code and did the inspection on it because it came on exactly 50 miles from the lot. They want $94 to diagnose the car and then another $300 for the O2 sensor.

She said all 4 brakes passed. LOL Also the inspection sticker that was on the car was from the month before I bought the car. They never even reinspected it for my sale so it wasn’t even done for me.

I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for them NOT to get a new, valid inspection on the car before handing it over to you.

I am not happy about the way they are handling this and I am going to make sure that the managers there know it. I told the girl the next phone call better be from the service manager or I will be contacting the State police, receipt in hand showing a failed inspection from another reputable dealer and pictures to show evidence. I will get this work done to this car by them.

This should be an awesome shitstorm. You have way more leverage than I had…I envy your position. Make them eat shit bro! 8)

sending email w/ pictures to scott beiler right now…

That’s annoying, good luck man.