Im giving West Herr one more chance...

I bought my Explorer from West Herr’s used car establishment on Transit (which i later found out was part of the Saturn dealer next door) 3 weeks ago. When I test drive it, there were some issues with it:

-pulled to the right BAD (and i mean BAD!)
-brakes had a nice hum and pulsation
-power steering worked intermittently
-rear window wiper did not work
-HVAC blower motor only worked on high and low, no other speeds
-nice scratch in the hood (i honestly dont care…its my DD)

SO, I agreed to purchase the vehicle under the agreement that they would fix these issues BEFORE I took delivery. I go to pick it up, and i get not 1 mile away from the dealership before it is painfully obvious that NONE of these issues had been resolved. furthermore, the Service Engine Soon light came on and there was only 1 set of keys with it (at ~$90 a set, they are paying for this not me). i promptly called the salesman’s cell phone and told him of my dis satisfaction. He said someone would call me in the morning to set up a service appointment and that the SES light was prob from him not tightening the gas cap enough when he filled it up.

the next day comes around, and i get a call from them. The long and short of that conversation was basically them telling me the soonest they could get me in was August 23rd and i would have to just deal with the problems until then. i dont think so. so after talking to at least 5 different people and getting the run around, they told me to bring it in right away, which i did. they could not rent me a car because i am not 21. thats really no big deal because i have my Mustang and i can drive that. They promised me the truck would be ready in 1 day. so the next day comes around, i hear nothing and i call them. I get the run around again, no one knows anything about my truck and the service writer i dealt with the previous day had started her 2 week vacation. turns out they had not touched my truck.

3 days later, after getting the run around at least 4 times a day, i go in there furious ready to kill people. i know being an asshole gets you nowhere, but this was getting out of hand. they swear to me my truck will be done tomorrow. next day, they call me, and its done. i go pick it up, they say its all set, however the only things they fixed were the scratch in the hood (which the paint color was NOT EVEN CLOSE making it look WORSE) and they fixed the brakes. nothing else was fixed and my power steering did not work at all. they also tried giving me the gascap excuse for the SES light which i call their bluff on because little did they know I had already scanned the codes at my work and found 2: EGR flow excessive and EGR flow insufficient. i once again get the run around, and basically they say “we dont know whats wrong with it, take it to the Ford dealer.” so im taking it there tomorrow, they claim they need it for 5 days to diagnose the problems and then however much longer to fix it.

if they dont fix it this time, i am going to do one of 2 things:

1. make them take the truck back and give me all of my money back and go elsewhere for a vehicle
  2. if they wont do that, i will take them up on their advertised offer which states that if you are not satisfied with your purchased vehicle, you can exchange it for any other one they have on any of their lots within 30 days. they have a very nice 2000 SVT Lightning at the Ford dealer :smiley: . KBB says it should have a price tag on it thats a couple grand more than my Exploder (i mean Explorer) was, but i think i could get them to knock it off for my troubles.

I hope it doesnt come to either of those choices, because i really like the Explorer, but this is getting out of hand. I heard a lot of good things about West Herr, but apparently none of it is true. im not out to screw them over out of anything, and i understand its a used car and i shouldnt expect much, which i dont, but if they promised to fix everything TWICE and havent done it yet, then that doesnt sit too well with me. I honestly just want my truck fixed and not have to worry about it anymore. sorry for the long read.

Used Ford

/THREAD

Mike,
I hate to say it because I am usually on your side but, I TOLD YOU SO!!

-Justin

thats shitty man, it seems almost everybody that posts up about westherr only has nothing but negative things to say :tdown:

Either a) you pick the shittiest vehicles or b) god hates you, because honestly seeing all these threads about a dealership fucking you over is retarded.

I don’t know you well enough to tell if you are an asshole to people or not, but it seems like they are giving you the shittiest vehicles with lots of problems and the hopes and dreams of them fixing it so you agree and take said sucker car and then they refuse to fix it. SO you trade it in for another sucker car, and so the ringer goes on and on.

I dunno dude, I’m on like my 11th car but every car I’ve gotten I’ve known what I’ve gotten into before hand and taken it the way it was and if it wasn’t what I wanted upon pick up I walked away.

Don’t take shit from anyone especially a dealership who day in and out fucks people over. Learn, the one time I met you, you seemed like a bright kid.

Oh dear… have them fix first. Then buy, there is no other way that it should be done in the first place.

That said, best of luck in getting this sorted out.

gl, basil STILL has my truck. its been 3 months now.

u traded the seirra in lol

Why do you continually buy the shittiest vehicles. I mean…do you see a pattern here?

Honda, only thing I will buy. Ford’s suck ass. My finance is about to buy a brand new car, I wont let her touch anything that isn’t a Honda, Toyota, Nissan.

^ Smart man.

1. You should have told them you would buy it AFTER it was fixed(why you would buy/pick up a vehicle knowing it has defects???)
    2)The stuff to be fixed should have been written on the invoice
    I’m starting to think you bring this crap on yourself

Ding ding ding!!!

I’ve never heard of anyone else having so many issues with EVERYTHING.

Why he would even attempt to buy a truck that was so obviously a piece of shit is beyond me.

Definitely a glutton for punishment.

Didn’t this same exact scenario happen to you before? You take delivery of a vehicle to quickly and finalize the sale, only to find that the dealership hadn’t fixed problems on the vehicle? Wouldn’t that make you a bit more cautious? No?

x2.

Not saying the dealer isnt in the wrong here either, but you shouldnt have given them the opportunity for them to dick you around like theyre doing now.

Edit- Why the hell would you buy what I would assume to be a relatively new used car with so many problems, even if the dealer promised to fix them? These days, any fairly new used car should be essentially problem free.

lol because they don’t break…

Not to mention if I bought a car, drove it off the lot and it had issues, I wouldn’t call them, I’d turn RIGHT THE FU(K AROUND and take the car back right that moment.

Sounds like you have horrible luck, but part of it you bring on yourself…

:lol:

wait a sec.

i thought you just bought a new truck?

still live at home? good. your dad needs to hit you more or something.