Del Sol Wheel Bearing/ Hub Assembly

Ok to start off I bought my first car, 93 Del Sol Si, last week. Pretty uneducated about cars since I’ve driven a Ford Explorer with 56k on it and nothing usually goes wrong with it, knock on wood. Now I’m pretty sure I have a bad wheel bearing on the Del Sol and I was wondering if I could just go to a junkyard, find an EG civic and take the hub assembly off that and just put it on the sol? Not too familiar with the interchangability of cars but it seems like a semi simple and versatile part that could possibly be swapped over. Any help is appreciated and I’m sure this is a dumb question but I gotta try. Thanks.

If you have a bad wheel bearing, just buy one new. The you can get the hole hub assembly’s cheap. Getting a wheel bearing out of a junk yard would be like getting brakes from a junk yard… you just dont do that…

EDIT: Besides the fact getting one off of a car that has been sitting in a junk yard would probably be a chore…

You are better off take the steering knuckle off. Buying a bearing. And paying a shop a few bucks to put it in. It would cost more for a junkyard steering knuckle. Also that knuckle at a junkyard is sitting there rusting.

I see, how cheap is the cheap you’re talking about. I’ve seen them online for like $58 but when I call around the hub itself is 100+ and the bearing is another $40 + having NAPA press it in is like $35.

Why do u need a new hub

I was under the impression it was much easier than doing just the bearing. Another thing is that I don’t have a garage so how hard is this going to be to do in my driveway?