Pulling off wheel hubs

Is it hard to pull of Hubs that hide the wheel bearings either in them or behind it? On my car it uses a Hub Assembly which i believe the wheel bearing is hidden behind and when i go to the stealership to get a new one they say that they cannot let me buy just a wheel bearing, as it comes as a whole assembly, now is it hard to pull that hub off, they are rear hubs just fyi.

yeah, it would be nice if you would give us a diagram or at least clue us into what kind of car this if for lol

it was a in general question, as aren’t all cars these days using hubs?
its a 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T

NO … and you must buy the assembly …

i thought so, just was wondering if it was hard to pull off/out and easy to replace thats all.

assembly. it is called a hub assembly. it is easy to do. shouldn’t take you no more than 1hr per side.

Well, you didnt even know what you had on YOUR car. :bloated:

wrong since i knew it was a hub since i asked… the general question i asked was if all newer cars had hubs or had other types, so reading comprehension > you

just to prove you wrong

The bearings are inside the hub. Not behind.

Reading comp. > me…lol…I doubt it…I dont care either way. You dont seem to smart yourself asking the way you did without basic decript. of the car and nieve description of your hub “hiding” the bearings…and wanting to just buy the bearing… maybe working on cars > you :gotme:

It does help to at least give some information on what you are inquiring about.

i used to own a car made in 1996, and replacing wheel bearings/hubs required the whole damn thing to be taken off and replaced as a unit. a car from 2003 will (almost guaranteed) have it as one entire assembly. doing it that way saves tons of time and money during production.

i just did mine, 3 bolts hold it on from the back.

It will take some time but really there is not much too it. Just get all the specs you need for bolting everything back up and you should be good.

Like most projects it depends on how rusty the old one is and how bad it’s fused to the car. If it’s real stubborn you can always use a puller. I bought one of these a long time ago and have used it on all sort of different jobs:
http://www.laingsoutboards.com/Jaw_puller.jpg

Makes quick work of pulling a hub out, even the orginal 1986 ones on my old Fiero.

if you have a compressor, just use an air hammer gun with a flat tip to pop it off