EG Wheel studs

If any of you honda guys have ever replaced your wheel studs please help me out.

I stripped three of my wheel studs , two on one side one on the other of my front end. I have done this before and after a lot of trouble I brought my car to a garage , he had to cut the head of the replacement and weld it into place to avoide replacing the bearing.
I have read online and have found a few articles on how to do this without having to actually replace the bearing.

however I already have to replace the CV halfshaft on the side with the two studs stripped so I am woundering if that “bearing” that i dont want to replace will be part of the halfshaft.

If anbody can shed some light on the situation that would be awsome because as you can tell im not too experienced with any of this.

thanks, Patrick

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Also im not that opposed to replacing the bearing and doing it right, im just on a tight buget of time/money and dont have access to a stocked garage for another month and a half

what year is the car? i dont know if it is the same on your car as my prelude but the hub and bearing are 2 different parts.
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/online/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=42&productID=4&yearID=34&doorID=2&gradeID=6&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=6&idAndImageID=7348%20460728&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Front%20Brake%20(1)
i just used a 95 civic fro reference but part #3 is the hub assembly that comes with new wheel studs.

No car I’ve ever worked on had an axle and bearing as one unit.

my car is a 95 , thanks for the diagram it really clarified a few things, I think as of now Im just going to try the method that dosn’t involve repressing the bearing as this would make sense, I would like to think that honda wouldn’t make me buy a $70 bearing just to change a $5 part

When you press the hub out the bearing will separate but you can get lucky and press it back together and half the time it will be fine ive done it a few times in the past.

so this is probually one of the better DIY I have found http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=907985. pictures dont work anymore but still a good write up, will be trying this soon.

This.

just press it out and press it back in, if the bearings are even a little bad its a good time to replace them :tup: