snapped wheel stud

snapped a wheel stud

can it be drilled/pounded out without damaging the threads(then putting in a new stud), or would i have to swap out the whole hub?

thanks boys

quick answer would be much appretiated. ill pray for the first respondant.

you can replace the studs, i believe they have to be pressed out , although a BFH may be sufficent.

Now start praying… :squint:

hit it from behind its just pressed in, hit it with a hammer from behind and it comes out no prob.

putting the stud back on the hub is easy. you take the hub, put the new bolt through that hole, then get your wheel and put the bolts on (as if it was on the car). then as you tighten, the bolt will just pull itself back into the hub.

its best to have a impact wrench, but if you dont have one its still do-able.

thank you boys, ill pray for you three

i tok a quick glance in behind where the hub sits and couldnt see the studs from the back side.

nthing has to be removed to get at them?

thanks again boys

ansd where do i get a replacement stud for this? it looked like it was ballooned at the end (press fitted). just any parts store?

which side of the car did you snap? and to replace them studs im pretty sure you have to take off the hub. if its the rears then theres 4 bolts at the back of the spindle, and then u need to take that huge 36mmm nut off. as for the front, it is way easier, you just take off the 30mm or 32mm (forgot what size) nut and then the hub should slide out.

as for the studs, buy them at nissan. these are for B15 sentra (but im sure they are almost identical), and irc they where like 7-9 bucks each.

http://i9.tinypic.com/43z5wr8.jpg

edit*** resized :wink:

snapped a rear

thanks again

They have to be pushed out with a hammer but i prefer an air hammer which takes two seconds. Then you have to place a new one in and torque it into place…i do this with my air gun and a nut.

matty…

take a hammer and you can crack a stud out in one or two taps…

however, putting them on with an impact wrench is not a fantastic idea… it will work, maybe, but you dont want to risk the stud spinning on its knurl in the hub… if it does you would have to get a whole new hub… i have had this happen however it was with H&R studs that were not the correct knurl

the proper way to put a stud in is to remove the hub and have the stud pressed in on an arbor press.

or you can just have one of my old rear hubs.

Hit it out with a hammer takes to sec. Then use a nut to pull it in, if you don’t want to remove the hub cause it really not worth the time to remove it. Don’t use a impact gun to pull the stud in.

snapped a wheel stud

can it be drilled/pounded out without damaging the threads(then putting in a new stud), or would i have to swap out the whole hub?

thanks boys

quick answer would be much appretiated. ill pray for the first respondant.

you can replace the studs, i believe they have to be pressed out , although a BFH may be sufficent.

Now start praying… :squint:

hit it from behind its just pressed in, hit it with a hammer from behind and it comes out no prob.

putting the stud back on the hub is easy. you take the hub, put the new bolt through that hole, then get your wheel and put the bolts on (as if it was on the car). then as you tighten, the bolt will just pull itself back into the hub.

its best to have a impact wrench, but if you dont have one its still do-able.

thank you boys, ill pray for you three

i tok a quick glance in behind where the hub sits and couldnt see the studs from the back side.

nthing has to be removed to get at them?

thanks again boys

ansd where do i get a replacement stud for this? it looked like it was ballooned at the end (press fitted). just any parts store?

which side of the car did you snap? and to replace them studs im pretty sure you have to take off the hub. if its the rears then theres 4 bolts at the back of the spindle, and then u need to take that huge 36mmm nut off. as for the front, it is way easier, you just take off the 30mm or 32mm (forgot what size) nut and then the hub should slide out.

as for the studs, buy them at nissan. these are for B15 sentra (but im sure they are almost identical), and irc they where like 7-9 bucks each.

http://i9.tinypic.com/43z5wr8.jpg

edit*** resized :wink:

snapped a rear

thanks again

They have to be pushed out with a hammer but i prefer an air hammer which takes two seconds. Then you have to place a new one in and torque it into place…i do this with my air gun and a nut.