-1 rating for standard wreckers wheel shop - replacing wheel STUD - need some advice

so the fuckers at standard auto wreckers broke one of my studs, they cant even take a wheel off proper.

i go in to get it fixed at my earliest convenience, and the guy who said he will fix it isnt there and they conveniently put up a sign now saying they are not responsible for broken studs. DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR VEHICLE IF IT IS PRECIOUS TO YOU, JSUT BRING IN YOYR OLD BEATERS FOR THEM TO FUCK UP!!!

anyway, was wondering if i can jsut hammer it out from the outside, or do i gotta pull the whole wheel hub off (disconnect control arms and stuff?) or can i remove the inner spindle by itself?

sorry, never had to replace a wheel stud so i am a total newb!! :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks in advance for replies

PauL

put a nut over the stud, and hammer the bitch out… that way it won’t mushroom and wreck the hub…
but that’s if you can get a nut on there

Just hammer it out from the outside, it should come out no problem with a little convincing and a BFH

to install new stud can i hammer it in from the outside, or do i gotta get behind the hub?

and is there clearance behind the hub for the stud to fall out?

thanks for the help guys

to install it all yo got to do is slide it through put the rotor on a lug nut and tigten it up

don’t need to remove the hub. knock out the old one and knock in the replacement.
just make sure teeth on the stud are lined up with the teeth in the hub. its not too hard.

peace

so the fuckers at standard auto wreckers broke one of my studs, they cant even take a wheel off proper.

i go in to get it fixed at my earliest convenience, and the guy who said he will fix it isnt there and they conveniently put up a sign now saying they are not responsible for broken studs. DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR VEHICLE IF IT IS PRECIOUS TO YOU, JSUT BRING IN YOYR OLD BEATERS FOR THEM TO FUCK UP!!!

anyway, was wondering if i can jsut hammer it out from the outside, or do i gotta pull the whole wheel hub off (disconnect control arms and stuff?) or can i remove the inner spindle by itself?

sorry, never had to replace a wheel stud so i am a total newb!! :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks in advance for replies

PauL

put a nut over the stud, and hammer the bitch out… that way it won’t mushroom and wreck the hub…
but that’s if you can get a nut on there

Just hammer it out from the outside, it should come out no problem with a little convincing and a BFH

to install new stud can i hammer it in from the outside, or do i gotta get behind the hub?

and is there clearance behind the hub for the stud to fall out?

thanks for the help guys

to install it all yo got to do is slide it through put the rotor on a lug nut and tigten it up

don’t need to remove the hub. knock out the old one and knock in the replacement.
just make sure teeth on the stud are lined up with the teeth in the hub. its not too hard.

peace