Honda hubs/New wheel studs=Broken wheel bearing

Yeah so inorder to fit my 9mm longer wheel studs into my CRX I need to pull the hubs off, press in the wheel studs and press it all back together without busting a wheel bearing.

Has anyone on these forums done this without busting a wheel bearing? If so please enlighten me on how to do this.

how much are the bearings, might as well replace while you’re in there.

when you have the hub by itself replace the bearing…yours are most likely 20 years old.
than pound out your old stud and pound the new one through…or press it in.
some guys put a quick tack weld on the back side too for some cheap insurance

You got it…

Looks like I’ll be buying some new bearings.

+1 on putting in new bearing while your doing the job anyways

I just did this on my Integra. You can’t press the hub out without seperating the wheel bearing anyways. The wheel bearings are like 70 each.

Yeah FML. now I cant get the old wheel bearing out. I took the c-clip out and now and even with a slide hammer I can’t get the bearing to budge out.

Any ideas?

A press or hub tamer. You are not slide hammering those apart.

I have actually slide-hammered them out before, but it took an hour of me and a buddy taking turns slide-hammering the SHIT out of them. We did one side and waited a week to do the other the same way HAHAHA. but it was seriously a bitch to do that way.

dont weld the studs till they have been seated fully. and dont pound them to seat them once the new bearing is in place or it will be ruined. i mount the wheel and torque the lugs to spec with lube on the threads and where the shoulder of the nut contacts the wheel. then drive a little and retorque a few times. i wouldnt weld it till thats done.

Brian

Yeah about an hour of slide hammering the bearing is falling apart. FML.

I figured a slide hammer could fix anything apparently I was very very wrong.

So now I need to go rent a hub tamer? Fack

best $600 i’ve ever spent, 30 minute Audi wheel bearings all day son.

http://www.sirtools.com/B90.htm

http://www.sirtools.com/B90MASTERKIT.jpg

Just bought a new one today.

hhahahaha

The fuck really, i bought a press and did it with ease from there on. Nothing like doing the job the wrong way with the wrong tools.

yeah the HF press is like 130$. do the bearings and press the studs too.

Brian

you could also take the spindles to a shop and tell them that you need the hub and bearing removed and pay the 40 bucks it would probably take them to do with the proper tools. cash off the books. tech love cash.

def need a press to do this right although ALOT of people just use a slide hammer and reuse the bearing